Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I went with the Samsung 56" 1080p Slim-Depth LED Engine DLP HDTV ...

Awesome picture !!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Good looking set. Vicki is wanting one. If I may ask out loud !!!
What did it set you back for ?
I've looked around and the good ones run 3-4 k. GLUP !!!!!!! :shock:

I know you'll love it !!!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Great choice.
I have it in a 42".
You'll love watching your boy Gordon on it, the car really stand out.
I hope you enjoy it.
It's probably too good for you :wink:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
No wonder you didn't bring yourself to Colorado. To busy shopping. Oh well. 3 Margarita's didn't miss you.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Well there ya go!! Now make sure U have Good top notch cables hooked up to it :wink: :wink: Not those cheese ones they give U....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think you'll be happy with it. I just bought a Samsung LN-T375HA LCD last week, and man oh man is it sharp and bright. It had the best side viewing angle out of any of the LCD sets that Costco had on the floor too.
It also has more input connections than you can shake a stick at.

-S

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure Paula will be spending allot more time at home now he owns a chopper.. The TV will give him something to do while his bikes in the shop getting a $700 tune-up or fixed.. LOL

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Well at least ya went with a samsung. That brand seems to be the best of all of em. I was surprised to see my older brother has a 50 inch LCD Samsung when we were in Illinois.

I'm guessing you chose the DPL because you wanted the biggest size you can get for less bucks?

·
Registered
458 Posts
DLP is definitely the way to go and Samsung is the best maker of them. Glad to see we have something else in common besides Jeff Gordon and VTX's. You will love the image and if you do any gaming (I love my X-Box 360) DLP's are awesome for video gaming.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Seems pretty off-topic. This is bike related how? //potstirringicon// :roll:

·
Registered
8,223 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haveme1 said:
Good looking set. Vicki is wanting one. If I may ask out loud !!!
What did it set you back for ?
I've looked around and the good ones run 3-4 k. GLUP !!!!!!! :shock:

I know you'll love it !!!!!

$2,500 at Best Buy

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ISKIVT said:
Seems pretty off-topic. This is bike related how? //potstirringicon// :roll:

figured can't beat em join em :D

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BDC said:
Yeah, I'm sure Paula will be spending allot more time at home now he owns a chopper.. The TV will give him something to do while his bikes in the shop getting a $700 tune-up or fixed.. LOL

LOL...Bobby. I guess I am going to have to ride to see if it breaks down :lol: It's bout time you get back on yours my friend. You and Ricstir need to make plans to come down to the rally in Galveston this year!!

Rubicon you were always a little smaller in size than me :D Hope all is well with you and the family. Try to get down to Houston..

MUTT, when you taking that vaccum cleaner off your bike :lol: You coming down to Galveston??

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
BigPro said:

Awesome picture !!!

Hope you bought a service agreement, cause my DLP bulb needed changed within the first year.

I just replaced my Mitsubishi DLP with a Toshiba LCD, the LCD 1080P blows the DLP away.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
06CandyOrangeVtx said:
BigPro said:

Awesome picture !!!

Hope you bought a service agreement, cause my DLP bulb needed changed within the first year.

I just replaced my Mitsubishi DLP with a Toshiba LCD, the LCD 1080P blows the DLP away.
Ahhh, the bubls. I almost forgot about those. They can add up. I've spent close to $1,000 just on bulbs for my Mitsubishi front projection system in our home theater. The good thing is, the newer front projection systems have bulbs that last much longer, and cost less, than bulbs for the older projectors.

-S

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
06CandyOrangeVtx said:
Shoulda went with a Samsung DLP instead of the Mitsubishi. There is no LCD or Plasma that blows away my Samsung DLP, not even by a little bit. I love my DLP and am very glad I didn't fall for the hype of the LCD or Plasma and the xtra $$$ when I got the better picture out of all 3 and the least expensive (not that it wasn't expensive, lol )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts