Honda VTX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to seem unappreciative but the recent DLP sale of 10% seems a little chincy. Dont get me wrong, in these times any money saved is great but Harley is running a 25% sale for xmas. Wish i kept my Roadking.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Its idiots like you that make sales like this disappear :roll:

·
Registered
571 Posts
then go buy another "25% off" harleynojoke

even tho HDL runs this site, we still greatly appreciate the fact that they do give us a 10% discount now and then..... they don't have to but they do.....

·
Registered
808 Posts
I made a good purchase that I wanted while the sale was going on and am more than happy, Hal...thx alot. I would buy a harley...but I like riding better than working on a bike. LOL just curious...why did ya get rid of ya roadking?

·
Registered
238 Posts
10% may not seem to be much, BUT when your whole family has hondas and you do all of your christmas shopping on the web page. That 10% is a godsend!! Thanks Hal..

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
Hal already has the lowest prices to begin with so I'm appreciative of the 10% off.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Harley has a tremendous mark up and when you prices start with a high mark up you can sale things at a greater percentage off. Or another way to think of is HD is overcharging you on a day to day basis so when they give you 25% off and are still making a profit you can guess they are really OVERCHARGING you every day :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dont want to seem unappreciative but the recent DLP sale of 10% seems a little chincy. Dont get me wrong, in these times any money saved is great but Harley is running a 25% sale for xmas. Wish i kept my Roadking.
Wow! You guys need to lighten up! I see nothing bad in this post at all. As a matter of fact, looks like the guy said he was appreciative of the sale but was hoping for a little more. Seems there was a 20% sale some time ago. I don't expect that but 15% might be nice. Calling the guy an idiot just shows what a MORON you are...grow up! I guess RyderX can have an opinion or express a thought as long as it does not conflict with your high opinion of yourself....Now go worship at the DLP alter.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
I won't call any names, but as already said DLP has the lowest prices going. There mark up is not as much as other online stores. I wouldn't even call them an on line retailer. HD is way over priced, I know cause I own one also along with my VTX. Besides after the last time Hal did a 20%, he said never again ;)

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy Holidays :doorag:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I wish you kept your Roadking too..Then you wouldn't have made your silly post here

Just can't make some folks happy..Anyone else smell a troll??

Happy Holidays..No matter what invisable man you pray to

·
3,915 Posts
No need to be judgemental. But, you need some schooling. After you have been here awhile you will note that DLP's everyday prices are the cheapest most of the time (except for the occasional close out at other dealers) compared to any online retaler I've checked. When Hal runs a 10% sale he is digging deep into his already meager mark up.
So go back to Harley and but you $35 nut covers. and $45 decals if you want.
Just don't come around slingin all your crap with out considering the facts.

We want to play with you but, don't be a BRAT!

·
Registered
238 Posts
This could almost be a topic for hotbox.. haha

·
Registered
296 Posts
vtxoa sale

Thanks Hal and all the HDL staff!!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all your family and friends. I've never had a bad experience with Hal or HDL. Every little bit helps and HDL price matches too. Some people are never satisfied, me, I'm thankfull for all my family and friends, and I consider Hal and HDL, as well as all the people on the board family. Some may be the crazy uncle I never talk about, but ...
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
Brent:beer3::beer3:

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Maybe HDL can jack their prices for the rest of the year, then give us a better "sale" off the inflated prices? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
There was another thread like this a week or two ago.

I think its unfair and harsh to call someone an idiot or troll for pointing out that 10% off is a giveaway in most businesses.

While a sale is always appreciated, I have grown to learn that 10% isnt as attrractive to me as it was in the beginning....on HDL's site or elsewhere.

If you are looking to buy something with a large price tag to begin with, I guess 10% is worthwhile....Like pipes or a seat set.

I found out that my local dealer will meet/beat any online price, including "sales". If they can do it, I dont think they have a "meager" profit margin.

My last set of tires was bought thru the dealer locally....they matched HDLs 10% off sale price. The advantage was that I was able to keep a relationship going with my local dealer. The dealer seemed tickeled to be given the chance to do it.

Now, would HDL have beat THAT price if I had gone to them with it? I guess not, siince it has to be able to be seen online.

Pretty much all online venodrs now will do 10% sales now and then. And honestly, while HDL has decent prices, they are not "the lowest" on everything. True, they will beat any price you find by a couple bucks or a percentage (whichever is less) but so will many others.

I used to look forward to every 10% off sale HDL threw....I found myself spending money just to take advantage of the sale. And to get the free shipping I had to spend at least $100 or else the savings was basically lost. I realized that a more controlled form of internet shopping would yield me more results.

Dont get me wrong....I appreciate this forum. Its a great community.

But these days, money is tight and I have to look out for where I get the most value and bang for the buck.

I hope that HDL continues to have sales, for two reasons: one, it keeps that option open for me when looking for the best deal. I will still take advantage of the sales when it makes sense for the purchase at hand.....two, it keeps competition tight on the web. Three, I know I can trust HDL...cant say that for many online vendors 9Iron Pony is one I wont shop at any time soon due to how they tried to screw me on some boots...mastercard stepped in and jduged in my favor).

To me, a real sale is 20% and more......that amount of a discount, off of a low price to begin with, would entice me to spend my hard earned bucks.

Oh, and by the way, the only thing that causes 10% off sales to go away is when the business feels they can do so without losing business. Just food for thought.

But like they say....your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discount

I kinda wish you had kept your Harley too. DLP is my parts store and I would rather you buy your parts from Harley-Davidson.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Wow! You guys need to lighten up! I see nothing bad in this post at all. As a matter of fact, looks like the guy said he was appreciative of the sale but was hoping for a little more. Seems there was a 20% sale some time ago. I don't expect that but 15% might be nice. Calling the guy an idiot just shows what a MORON you are...grow up! I guess RyderX can have an opinion or express a thought as long as it does not conflict with your high opinion of yourself....Now go worship at the DLP alter.
One word, NOOBIE!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.