Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have my V&H Bigshots installed, rejet the carb, and add a K&N filter do I have to remove the pair valve? Other than changing the sound how will the engine run with it left in? Will it cause the engine to run rough or cause popping on decel. I'm not much of a mechanic and would rather leave it in if I could. :?: :roll:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Hooch said:
When I have my V&H Bigshots installed, rejet the carb, and add a K&N filter do I have to remove the pair valve? Other than changing the sound how will the engine run with it left in? Will it cause the engine to run rough or cause popping on decel. I'm not much of a mechanic and would rather leave it in if I could. :?: :roll:
The bike will run just fine with it in, you will probably experience some decel popping and fluttering sound. And your pipes (at least from what I experienced) won’t sound as good with it in.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
There is no performance improvement or detraction from removing the Pair valve. It's a modification that only affects the sound coming out of the BigShots. This Pair system makes aftermarket pipes (seems especially the V&H) have a funny warbly sound and sometimes deceleration popping.

If you're not experiencing any of these symptoms then I wouldn't mess with it.

roog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts