Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm sure someone will hammer me for asking this ???????? but , I was wondering if any aftermarket companies make a trailer hitch for a 1300c. Its not something i'd want to use a lot but it would be handy from time to time.
Thanking ya'll in advance!
Steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes. Try www.Hitchdoc.com. I have one on my retro. Fine piece of workmanship and nicely chromed. It fits on outside of fender whereas the ones from Dauntless Motors goes under fender. I didn't want to go through all the problems that I thought would be involved installing under fender; however, it may not be as much of a problem as I thought. Was also cheaper from Hitchdoc and fit perfectly. I've pulled my home built trailer and hitch handles it good. I ordered a receiver hitch so that ball and drawbar are taken off when not in use. You may want to consider using a lighting kit that lets your trailer lights run off battery rather that tying lights into light wiring. This system uses small relays that are tied into wiring to trigger light signals. I can't remember what company I used as I let a dealer install but I'm sure that a number of companies make these kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts