Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could rent a Trailer to haul my Retro . See I am planning when I get back home in October to possibly haul my bike up to Pennsylvania where my family is from , and if Kevin Elders comes up maybe do some riding to the Gettysburg Battlefield and some other places.
I looked into Uhaul but their motorcycle trailers are too short and I think they want an outragious price for me to rent just a regular open trailer because they only rent locally and by the day. I live in the Nashville area so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Cant wait to step on US Soil again.
Spc Raymond Moser
Defending Freedom
Operation Iraqi Freedom 06-07

·
Registered
19 Posts
Details. I have a new-ish 6x10 open with tire chocks in Memphis. I could do with out it for a week or ten days.

I retired in '93 after desert storm. Remember to duck. Come home safe.
I'm not convinced either one of those wars were about defending freedom, just helping out exxon-mobile. But we sign up and do our jobs. Job #1 is to come home safe.

Art
GMC(SW), USN, Ret.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
urning

I am planning my trip around the 7th or 8th of October and returning back on the 14th . I will be pulling it with my 2004 Chevy Silverado. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have about the same as Art...a 6'x10' with one chock and tie down etc... Not sure if you want to use the lights...but mine has the 4 wire flat plug, not sure about Art's

I am off ext 126 off I-40 a little closer than him but either way you want to go...

You are welcome to use mine for that time.

Thanks for your service...and stay safe...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: urning

NashvilleVTXCPL said:
I am planning my trip around the 7th or 8th of October and returning back on the 14th . I will be pulling it with my 2004 Chevy Silverado. Thanks
Mine has a 4 flat connector and I have an adapter for our Jeep that is round. Also, 2 inch ball is required but you can borrow mine if you need too. Memphis is about 200 miles away depending on what side of NashVegas you reside. FallGuy is a lot closer to you. Maybe I'll be your plan 'B'.

Those dates work for me too. Let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
cool of you guys to lend a hand!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW This is Incredible of you guys to offer your tailers to me. I really appreciate it . I think I would probably go for the one that is closest to me. I will not know for sure until closer to the date. I have to buy a hitch and ball for my truck first, The hitch sleeve is already mounted to the bumper, I just have to get the hitch part and the ball. I am having kind of a hard time deciding which hitch . They offer different ones that hang down lower so that the trailer sits level and since I am not home I dont exactly know which one to get. I drive a 2004 Chevy Silverado ext cab with the short step side bed. I dont think my truck has a lift kit on or anything although it is 4 wheel drive, so if anyone has suggestions on which hitch I would appreciate it.

Thank all of you.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
NashvilleVTXCPL said:
I have to buy a hitch and ball for my truck first, The hitch sleeve is already mounted to the bumper, I just have to get the hitch part and the ball. ........ so if anyone has suggestions on which hitch I would appreciate it.
yes, i would suggest that you can borrow our hitch and ball. had a trailer with balls (3 different sizes) and hitch and had to upgrade when we got the Toy Hauler.

we have the equipment you would need to hook up the trailer that you are more than welcome to borrow. and the great thing is that we are only about 20-25 miles south of Nashville.

Cajundude said that we could arrange everything with your wife and have it "good to go" when you get home.

·
Registered
246 Posts
NP....just PM me when you need and we can work out the details of getting it to you. I have a couple of hitches, but they are 1 1/4" and I imagine the one on your truck is 2". Like Art's, you'll need a 2" ball for mine....and probably need an adapter for the trailer lights. Sounds like dpearly may have all that though.

And if needed just get with me about getting it to your place before you get home.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Big-G said:
cool of you guys to lend a hand!
Well I feel if you don'y help a fellow person who rides, who also is serving our country when you can......

Then you have some serious issues you need to work out.

Stay safe and have a great weekend everyone!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Fallguy , Art and dpearly I deeply appreciate all your kindness. I will let you know something the closer it gets to the time which I hope time flys by quickly because I want to come home. More then likely if I do need a trailer I will probably get it from fallguy being he is a little closer to me ,and I wont have all that much time from when I get home till I actually leave . But I will let everyone know closer to October BIG THANK YOU, Hopefully see everyone soon

Spc Raymond Moser

1 - 12 of 12 Posts