Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does an one have any first hand experience with some of these chines welders like Everlast or Longevity?
just looking for some honest evaluations base on personal experiences.
I have been considering buying one for almost a year now. It would be for hobby type work, Not making a living with it.
Does anyone have any experience with chines welders ????

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the 110v mig from harbor freight. It does a good job up to 1/8" or so. We've burnt several rolls of wire through it too.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Horse magazine did a test between chinese tig welders and a miller welder last summer. They found that the imports performed well, and should hold up well for home/hobby use. The downside is that they are pretty much a throw-away item because either you cannot get parts, or the cost of parts is too high.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I wish I hadn't immediately tossed the receipt for the Chinese made anvil I thought I was getting for a good price
:(

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
we also have the harbor frieght welder and it seems to be fine for the do it yourselfer. we just put up a wrought iron fence around our front yard usein it and were pretty pleased with it . one thing we noticed is that when we ran out of wire for it we bought some lincon brand wire and it welded even better with a good brand name wire instead of the harbor frieght brand.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Anyone also use a Chinese welding helmet :yikes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts