Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy this for the wife, but she doesn't ride with me too often. I have the mustang seats and I put on and take off the back seat.

·
Registered
167 Posts
there are 4 bolts that hold the brackets onto the rear fender. The bolts in the kit are longer and take the place of the 4 originals. I suppose that if youo kept the original bolts in a handy location and you have something like an air ratchet, then yes it goes on and off fairly quickly. You shouldn't need to disassemble the backrest itself, it should come off as a unit.

Peace!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Or just get the Paladin quick release backrest. It's on or off in about 5 seconds. It doesn't look as nice, but I don't have it on unless the wife wants to ride.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that is how I thought they went on. Ten minutes with a wrench.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks, are always in first place.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
RYDER D said:
Looks, are always in first place.
You're right. And my backrest looks best sitting on my garage floor. The only reason I have it is to make my wife more comfortable when she rides which is extremely rare. Easy on, easy off is a great feature.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great mod!!! That is what I will do. Thanks

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I personally like the way the backrest looks on the bike. I occasionaly attach different bags to it, as well as ride two up. Mine never comes off. Oh, and I sometimes have to strap the pizza to something, can't carry it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts