Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, since I haven't seen this addressed yet... On a basically stock bike, would the Proton 4 lean the mixture to where a PC3 is basically a necessity????? (I'd hate to have to think of the additional investment... AFTER buying the P-4).......
Pete?
Also..... I live in rainy Georgia, and don't want all the extra moisture in my engine (even if others are running similar setups and say it's not a problem...). Are those Goretex-like rain caps available that would slip over your angle-cut intakes?
Pete?

·
Registered
397 Posts
If I remember correctly, Pete has said in the past that it is fine to run it in the rain because it has a drain on it. That's an advantage to the P4, you don't have to wear a shower cap. (Don't quote me on this, but I imagine if you read back far enough you should find it)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I actually saw one for the first time, and it has a drain plug in the base of it. It's really unique in that way.

V

·
0 Posts
No rain covers necessary, the filter is not exposed to the rain (or sun!) In case of a heavy rain and you travel fast, you have a drain plug on the bottom. In this picture here you can see it very well.
This plug you use also when you wash your bike – I put just two plastic bags in there hehehe. But you can use the drain bolt as well.

The sun is also an important factor; the oil dries out and reduces the filter capability. If you keep your filter in good shape – the motor will thank you for this.

This is the statement out the P4 post.

PC3?

No not a necessity, I run mine 2 years without a fuel manage system. With the new cams and pistons I had to add full to the increase of the air.

With the P4 and an “open” (not stock) exhaust you make plenty of power. The engine will NOT lean out – I rode here in the Texas summers 100++, you will be surprised of the little amount of back fire – after the Block Off Plates to 98% gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts