Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm doing the ground fix on my 03 c and there are two rubber hoses on the left side on the gas tank.one is hooked up with a clip and the other one was just hanging there.is that a over flow or should that be hooked up somewhere?thanks in advance

blazinhot

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like you're talking about the tank breather. If you look/feel about half way along the left side (as you sit on the bike) of the tank , you'll find a small pipe sticking out of the gas tank it's about 1" long about 1/4 inch round. The breather tube hooks onto that, it doesn't have any clips, it just slips on. You'll want to connect that when you're done with the Ground Fix cause if you over fill the tank it could leak through this tube onto the engine. FYI, sound like ya got one of those 03s that were sitting in the box for a couple years that Honda was trying to get rid of last year. I bought one too. The ground fix is VERY important on this one. I had MAJOR starting/running problems at the start of this season. Got it fixed now and runs like a champ. Problem was these bikes sat in a cold warehouse for 2 years and a lot of oxidation occurred and the EFI bikes seem to be more sensative to electrical problems (or it may just be an "X" thing) Anyway, pay attention to the ground fix and do ALL of them, especially the front solenoid (that one goes to the efi). Also as long as you got the tank off, do the Pair Valve, I suggest the German Pete block off plates. When I was doing both I ran a secondary ground line from the front solenoid to the the bolt on the right side of the frame where the secondary air system had connected...since you take this off for the pair vavle it was ideal for a ground line. Good Luck and enjoy. JB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts