Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pipes just came off of my 2005 Vtx1300C. They only have ~3500 miles on them. The chrome is in pretty good shape. They are a bit dirty in the pictures but they shine up really nice.

Comes with everything to install it EXCEPT the acorn nuts that bolt it to the studs on the head. All other brackets, bolts, nuts, and washers are included.

They do have the "Clayton" mod. There is just 6 holes in each pipe drilled through the first layer in the tips (as seen in the pics). I also tapped them so they could be plugged if need be.

Would like to get $150, but i'm open to offers.

I will ship but buyer pays shipping, whatever that happens to be. Local pickup is preferred.

If you have any questions, just ask!

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you have to re-jet after you drilled?

thanks.
I did the clayton mod. Well similar to it. I ised a 3/8 bit and put 6 holes at 12 2 4 6 8 and 10 o'clock positions then went one more layer at 12 4 and 10 o'clock positions. I never noticed any power loss no backfire not super loud just a rumble with a bit of a bite. Not hogh pitched. Low note but not too low. I think its perfect and no rejet. Still can hear my shark 600watt radio at highway speeds. But you can crank on it and really get the old girl to sing with those stock pipes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the clayton mod. Well similar to it. I ised a 3/8 bit and put 6 holes at 12 2 4 6 8 and 10 o'clock positions then went one more layer at 12 4 and 10 o'clock positions. I never noticed any power loss no backfire not super loud just a rumble with a bit of a bite. Not hogh pitched. Low note but not too low. I think its perfect and no rejet. Still can hear my shark 600watt radio at highway speeds. But you can crank on it and really get the old girl to sing with those stock pipes.
just like you said, no jetting needed. Might have to monkey with the A/F screw though if you aren't completely satisfied with how it runs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
just like you said, no jetting needed. Might have to monkey with the A/F screw though if you aren't completely satisfied with how it runs.
Actually yea i did. I idled it down a bit it actually ran a bit better. I idled it down to where it would about fall on its face when engaging clutch and turned it up slightly until it ran to my liking. After the drilling i could idle it down even more and it would take off smoother at the lower idle. Its also a lot warmer when i did the mod so that may affect it. I bought the bike first weekend of february and only home on the weekends and have put 1500 miles on it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually yea i did. I idled it down a bit it actually ran a bit better. I idled it down to where it would about fall on its face when engaging clutch and turned it up slightly until it ran to my liking. After the drilling i could idle it down even more and it would take off smoother at the lower idle. Its also a lot warmer when i did the mod so that may affect it. I bought the bike first weekend of february and only home on the weekends and have put 1500 miles on it.
Im a rookie mechanic and not sure how you would idle it down. Is this a hard process to tackle?

Thanks much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts