Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been posted before but are there any suggestions on drilling a couple holes in the baffles? Strictly for noise and a little better air flow. Good or bad idea? Or is there any (easy) way to remove them all together? Ideas or pictures will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
740 Posts
Do a search for "Clayton Mod", use the search buttton at the top left of the screen, not the Google search.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that search brought up 513 posts with "clayton mod" Is that just a fancy name for "drilling holes" Kinda new at all this. Just wondering if it makes a big difference or if it's bad for the bike? and how big to drill?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy crap that post answered every question I had Thank you very much!! Going to a friends shop to do this tomorrow I'll let ya know how it worked
thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did the Clayton Mod.....but for some reason the Drill and bit keep falling into my hands after each ride....my exhaust is beginning to resemble swiss cheese...........but it keeps getting better and louder......

Hello my name is Rick and I am a drill addict..

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey awesome cin,

How did you drill the holes in the baffles? Did you have to take the baffles out, did you have to remove the pipes? how did you hold the pipes? did you leave them on the bike?

I read that clayton mod instructions, but it does not tell you how you have to drill the holes, or lets say remove the pipes before drilling or remove the baffles before drilling, or hold the pipes in a vise. It just did not give enought info on how the procedure was done. Other than Drill holes.

tlyoungb

G

·
I just squated down behind the bike and drilled away with a 1/2 drill bit...put five holes in each pipe in a circular pattern...easy Frankp

3 months later I replaced the pipes with HK 3" straights...there is no comparison! 8)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got done. I put 4 1/2" holes in each pipe in a cross pattern. The change in unbelievable. I love the rumble on decel. Don't know that I need new pipes now! But of course I'm going to some time. Adding parts and doing mods is almost as fun as riding.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I put nine holes in each pipe.....love it ....then....I got a tip from
storminnorm.....take a landscape nail....9" or so ....sharpen the point and then punch holes in the end of the small muffler just inside the plate.....wow.....at idle my bike sounds awesome......
By the way after I drill I try to get all shavings up with a magnet then vacume before running.....

I am addicted to drillin......also like putting holes in my muffler :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts