Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a extra set of stock pipes and they seem to plentiful anyway, so I thought about drilling pipes. I like the stock look for now. Has anyone close to Searcy drilled their pipes. I would like to meet and hear how they sound. I have a 1300 c

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what did you not like about the drilling, what pattern did you drill, how many holes and what size. Whew it seems like this can get complicated. What did you get from whitney
:beer3:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I drilled six 1/2 in holes in each pipe....it sounded pretty good but i wanted to pipes that were lighter than the stockers...those suckers are heavy.

I got the 16 in tapers...about 70 buckes shipping and all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the clayton mod on my bike. I'm not to far from Heber Springs If you wanted to meet sometime there you could check them out first hand how they sound.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
red raven I am from the Batesville area, visited my brother there last night. Great ride. Left Searcy to Newport then to batesville and back to Searcy. It was perfect. All the rain has cut into riding time latley so I was just itching to go. I lived in Bethesda for 20 years. Moved to Searcy 2 years ago. What is the clayton mod you talked about. My name is Paul Johnson, maybe we know each other.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey, Paul we may have crossed paths before. I've lived in batesville sence a kid and have family that live in Bethesda and know several in the area. I went to school with a Paul Johnson in Pleasant Plains, you wouldn't happen to be the same.

If you would like to here what drilling holes in the stock pipes sound like let me know next time your back here in town We'll meet and you can hear for your self. Its pretty easy to do i could help you do it not a problem. Later, Eric Butler

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate both offers and I will try to arrange to meet asap. Busy the next several days though, thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had to change plugs so while I was at it it drilled pipes and they sound great. I did not do the deep mod yet, but I like what I have. Thanks to all. I got several pm's and I appreciate it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Drilled Pipes

I drilled my 1300R mufflers at 7/16". Drilled 7 holes in each muffler. Rolde it for a few months... didn't care much for the sound. Bought a set of new stock pipes on the VTXOA site and replaced the drilled pipes. Like the quiter sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts