Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking for a driver's backrest for the stock seat, I found and installed one. It fits and looks great, and is ten times more comfortable. Here is the website. www.cruisencomfort.com/products.shtml
I am not trying to promote for them but if you wanted a backrest without getting rid of your stock seat then this is perfect. Not to mention is the only option that I found. I will post some pics of my bike if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
155 Posts
firefighterxrider said:
If anyone is looking for a driver's backrest for the stock seat, I found and installed one. It fits and looks great, and is ten times more comfortable. Here is the website. www.cruisencomfort.com/products.shtml
I am not trying to promote for them but if you wanted a backrest without getting rid of your stock seat then this is perfect. Not to mention is the only option that I found. I will post some pics of my bike if anyone is interested.
Just what I'm looking for. Thanks :wink:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've got this installed on mine, and it makes a world of difference. Only problem I've noticed is that I now sit a couple of inches closer to the tank with it on. Not a big deal, just something to get used to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
looks like it coud be great but would the bracket look nice on the bottom with back seat removed?

·
Registered
395 Posts
The mounting bracket for the backrest actually uses the passenger seat to mount, so if you take off the backseat, you also lose the backrest.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't see why not, I'm not familiar with other years, but I imagine the seat design hasn't changed that much. The tab that you see sticking out on the back/bottom of the seat back slides into the bracket where the front/back seats meet up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure that he has seats for every VTX model. When i was talking to him ordering mine he needed the year and model. He was also very quick to respond to my emails so I'm sure he could answer that question exactly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bummer, that'd be perfect to throw on for highway rides
:roll:

·
Registered
481 Posts
the web page doesn't show a phone number. I've sent 2 emails and have only gotten auto responses. are they still making the backrest??? :?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Yes, I sort of wondered about that too. I believe I'd like to try one. :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just ordered one tonight. Thanks for sharing your find firefighterxrider! :D I've been contemplating ordering the Custom World driver's backrest since I bought my bike, but I didn't like the bracketry. As soon as I saw this driver's backrest, I knew this was the one.

FYI ... there are two versions available for the VTX 1800C, the version that is shown in the website on the Retro with the pocket, and a thinner pocketless version. I have photos of the pocketless version but I do not know how to upload them to this forum. If anyone knows how to upload photos or just would like to see the thinner version, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them to ya. By the way, the thinner version is available for immediate shipment, while the wider pocketed version has a 2 week leadtime. Both versions are the same price, a reasonable $140 shipped to your door.

Thanks again firefighterxrider!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I got my backrest from Cruise N Comfort today. install took less time then to take the saddle off and put it back on. even with snow this morning the streets were dry at 1 pm, it was a balmy 27 degrees, I took a ride around the block to try it out. I love it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
949 Posts
firefighterxrider said:
Not a bad looking rest, if you can stand the stock seat, they're really crap.

·
Registered
949 Posts
UofM-Fanatic said:
I just ordered one tonight. Thanks for sharing your find firefighterxrider! :D I've been contemplating ordering the Custom World driver's backrest since I bought my bike, but I didn't like the bracketry. As soon as I saw this driver's backrest, I knew this was the one.

FYI ... there are two versions available for the VTX 1800C, the version that is shown in the website on the Retro with the pocket, and a thinner pocketless version. I have photos of the pocketless version but I do not know how to upload them to this forum. If anyone knows how to upload photos or just would like to see the thinner version, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them to ya. By the way, the thinner version is available for immediate shipment, while the wider pocketed version has a 2 week leadtime. Both versions are the same price, a reasonable $140 shipped to your door.

Thanks again firefighterxrider!
I bought the Custom World driver's backrest when I still had the stock seat. It's pricy, but it's good quality and looks pretty good if you use it solo without the pillion pad. Didn't look right when I went to a Mustang seat.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I too received my Cruise N Comfort backrest. Lisa and Bill, Cruise N Comfort Reps, are very courteous people, and provided prompt service to me following thru w/ the sale ensuring complete satisfaction. Installation was a snap, and it looks very nice on the bike ... the design of the backrest seems as though the bike came stock w/ it. I'm yet to put any miles on my bike w/ the backrest installed, due to this shitty Ohio weather, but just from sitting on my bike in the garage I noticed the added back support instantly. :wink: Thanks again for the info firefighterXrider!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
After reading firefighterXrider's original post, I too had to try it. Excellent product, looks original, makes a world of difference in comfort! The best bang for the buck that I've spent so far! Thanks for the URL firefighterXrider. :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
debelt,
The Custom World bracketry not only seemed bulky, but it looked as though you would have to remove it from the bike first, in order to remove the seat. It didn't seem very user friendly. Just my 2 cents ... As for stock seats being "crap", I ride mountain bikes ... now those are some crappy seats! My stock Honda seat suits me fine, but if I were to get a killer deal on an ultimate ... :?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I finally got my bike out for a ride with the addition of the Cruise-N-Comfort driver's backrest. All I can say is ... I wish I would've had a driver's backrest on each of my previous bikes too. I was out putting around on backroads for about 3 hours tonight, and I didn't want to get off my bike because it was so comfortable. What a difference! This was the best $140 I've spent on my X to date. I recommend this backrest to all that keep their stock seats. In my opinion a custom seat is money wasted, unless you are going to get one with a drivers backrest. My stock seat more than suits me fine w/ the addition of the driver's backrest! I couldn't be more pleased.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts