Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,576 Posts
I have a question: in what condition can you ride without a helmet?

Depends on the state laws here in the US. Each state decides if a rider must wear a helmet. Some states have no helmet laws, others do. So on a trip[ across the country, you must bring a helmet for when you cross into a state that has a helmet law and you must stop BEFORE crossing the state border and put a helmet on. The police wait for riders to cross and ticket them

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Mam pytanie: w jakim stanie możesz jeździć bez kasku?
For the unintiated, the above reads;
I have a question: in what state can you ride without a helmet?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
If you are ever in Canada, you will need one everywhere, except on private land. Even off-road you will need a helmet.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
in 1986, I had a crash on the motorcycle..
totaled a 3 year old Goldwing.. at 60 mph.

helmet received a 6 inch crack up the back of the helmet, and both sides were ground clear thru.. doing a little damage to my ears.

helmet was a Honda fiberglass 3/4 .

I was in a coma for 12 hours..
clearly I would have died without it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have been riding for 56 years and have ridden many miles without a helmet. At some point I "smartened up" and began wearing a helmet whenever I ride. I would be very uncomfortable without one. It's like wearing a seatbelt, once it's a habit it doesn't take any effort to remember to wear it. I must admit that I usually wear a half helmet, so it's probably about half as effective as a full helmet. Once you are in the habit of wearing a helmet, you don't have to think about which states require helmets and which don't.

·
Registered
555 Posts
in 1986, I had a crash on the motorcycle..
totaled a 3 year old Goldwing.. at 60 mph.

helmet received a 6 inch crack up the back of the helmet, and both sides were ground clear thru.. doing a little damage to my ears.

helmet was a Honda fiberglass 3/4 .

I was in a coma for 12 hours..
clearly I would have died without it.
[/QUOTE
Thanks for sharing. I think the today's riders got the idea not wearing helmets from the outlaw bikers from the 60's and 70's especially when V-Twin cruisers started making comeback in the 1980's to 2000's to look cool with their bikes. Also not wearing a helmet you may be doing damage to your hearing if not using ear plugs.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I only wear a helmet currently so my hair doesn’t get too tangled,the disadvantages of long hair and a motorcycle.
I will note than during my first year of riding,nearly 40 years ago,I did hit the pavement doing 80mph,and a little intoxicated,the helmet clearly saved my life,rolled for a city block😬.
And most of my riding throughout the years was without a hat. Lucky I guess🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I think the today's riders got the idea not wearing helmets from the outlaw bikers from the 60's and 70's especially when V-Twin cruisers started making comeback in the 1980's to 2000's to look cool with their bikes. Also not wearing a helmet you may be doing damage to your hearing if not using ear plugs.
You may be doing damage to your hearing not wearing ear earplugs WITH a helmet, wind noise is detrimental to your hearing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I live in Tri States NY NJ PA you can stand on all three states at once right down from my house they have a brass plate in stone to stand on In PA across the bridge you don't need a helmet they come into NY and the police give them tickets i see it all the time

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bardzo dziękuję wszystkim za wyczerpujące odpowiedzi. Chodziło mi tylko o podanie informacji, które trzeba wykonać, teraz wiem, że: Kentucky i Indiana. Oczywiście, że kask chroni głowę, jest niezbędny i nie jest przeznaczony dla niego, tylko ogląda filmy na Yotube z USA, widzę, że motocyklistów jeżdżących tylko w bandamce, w sumie bardzo męsko do wyglądu pomijającego aspekt bezpieczeństwa. Pozdrawiam wszystkich :)
W pobliżu

·
Registered
706 Posts
Bardzo dziękuję wszystkim za wyczerpujące odpowiedzi. Chodziło mi tylko o podanie informacji, które trzeba wykonać, teraz wiem, że: Kentucky i Indiana. Oczywiście, że kask chroni głowę, jest niezbędny i nie jest przeznaczony dla niego, tylko ogląda filmy na Yotube z USA, widzę, że motocyklistów jeżdżących tylko w bandamce, w sumie bardzo męsko do wyglądu pomijającego aspekt bezpieczeństwa. Pozdrawiam wszystkich :)
W pobliżu
Thank you all very much for your comprehensive answers. I just wanted to provide the information that needs to be done, now I know: Kentucky and Indiana. Of course, the helmet protects the head, is necessary and is not intended for him, just watching movies on Yotube from the USA, I see that motorcyclists riding only in a bandana, all in all very masculine to look overlooking the safety aspect. Greetings to everyone :)

·
Old Goat
24,191 Posts
Thank you all very much for your comprehensive answers. I just wanted to provide the information that needs to be done, now I know: Kentucky and Indiana. Of course, the helmet protects the head, is necessary and is not intended for him, just watching movies on Yotube from the USA, I see that motorcyclists riding only in a bandana, all in all very masculine to look overlooking the safety aspect. Greetings to everyone :)
Your a good man Smurf...
You know if this newfangled board was as slick as they want us to believe....”StarTrek Universal Translator” would be built in... (y)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts