Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Just cureious, are we talking abut driving a car without a helmet or riding a motorcycle with out a helmet?

·
Old Goat
24,415 Posts
Just cureious, are we talking abut driving a car without a helmet or riding a motorcycle with out a helmet?
What ! I cant believe you just asked that question
With all the interstate shootings going on here ...Helmet and Kevlar aint a bad idea.... (y)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I drive cars and ride motorcycles. But I was just adding some humor However; we would all be safer wearing a helmet while driving a car too. :)

·
Registered
26,569 Posts
I live in Tri States NY NJ PA you can stand on all three states at once right down from my house they have a brass plate in stone to stand on In PA across the bridge you don't need a helmet they come into NY and the police give them tickets i see it all the time
YEP! I live in Connecticut, no helmet law. Massachusetts, where my sister lives has a mandatory helmet law. When going up to visit my sister,I can always tell when the Laconia rally is starting.
The MSP wait just over the state line & nail 'em when they cross.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I drive cars and ride motorcycles. But I was just adding some humor However; we would all be safer wearing a helmet while driving a car too. :)
I had the same thought but didn't want to be too snarky. Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me! :)

Back on topic (not that I ever strayed), Texas also has a clause where a helmet is not required to ride a motorcycle if you have certain minimum amount of health insurance.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I pretty much always wear a helmet. That wasn't true just a couple years ago. Getting old and feeling less invincible i guess. See quite a few folks down her not wearing one, just a bandanna.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I wear a helmet 99% of the time because it's the law here. Full face would be even safer but I don't own 1 go figure.

I have ridden sans helmet in town when visiting states that don't require it and I'll do it again.

Choice is good, make yours for yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want to drive a car at the age of 17, the Citizens' Registration Office still needs this document from you. Please note that you can only register for this at the age of 16. Attend theory classes or just make an appointment with one of our driving instructors so you can conquer the streets! Fahrschule Frankfurt

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Your a good man Smurf...
You know if this newfangled board was as slick as they want us to believe....”StarTrek Universal Translator” would be built in... (y)
Your a good man Smurf...
You know if this newfangled board was as slick as they want us to believe....”StarTrek Universal Translator” would be built in... (y)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I wear a helmet all the time but frankly with so much of the body exposed, you could die in so many different ways. Neck, torso, spine, you name it. I actually wear it to protect my self from the elements and flying debris.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
We can all look up what states have no helmet laws. The question is whether you wear a helmet isn't it?

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
what.... most cars in the past 25 years.. my head hits the headliner or roof ..
no room for helmet .
I do not like driving a car laying down on my back.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I have a question: in what condition can you ride without a helmet?

Depends on the state laws here in the US. Each state decides if a rider must wear a helmet. Some states have no helmet laws, others do. So on a trip[ across the country, you must bring a helmet for when you cross into a state that has a helmet law and you must stop BEFORE crossing the state border and put a helmet on. The police wait for riders to cross and ticket them
Sorry Spike, I gotta disagree. Never been hassled by LEO over a hell-mitt. On county roads, how do you know when you've crossed over the line? Most only have signs on 4 lane or larger highways. MO lets ya into the Lou without any problem. Go farther they'll warn ya. TN, I've rarely even seen LEO. I plan trips tryin' specifically to avoid hell-mitt states....especially WV and NY.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts