Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is about cold engine oil flow when the bike is being started.

is it worse, better, or makes no difference if the bike is kept upright with the front wheel about 2 inches off the ground (in a wheel chock).

Or is it worse than starting it up "Cold" with the bike leaning on it's kickstand (like intended/assumed by Honda).

Cold Oil flow during start-up in the morning,worse, better, or makes no difference?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think, it doesn't really matter, if it's cold or hot, side stand or upright, if there is enough oil in the engine

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
all is good, as long as bike is not on its side or up-side down.

air entering the oil intake is BAD.

my bike has been on the Ramp.. into my F 250.. under power.. so a steep climb.. no issues.
many times.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I almost always store mine in a wheel chock. It uses less floor space in the garage that way. You should see your oil light go out in the same period of time, whether cold started on it's side stand or vertical. Once the light goes out your system is pressured and oil will make it to all of the critical oil needing parts. Such is the benefit of a pressurized oiling system.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey hey hey, there's much dumber questions to float around than that. Pick your act up if your looking for a dumbness certificate. We have had some real doozeys on this site. Dare I say it, the competition is fierce if you are chasing a certificate

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Hey hey hey, there's much dumber questions to float around than that. Pick your act up if your looking for a dumbness certificate. We have had some real doozeys on this site. Dare I say it, the competition is fierce if you are chasing a certificate

the last one I remember that might qualify....

what lawn mower battery fits a VTX1300 ?

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Concrete in Highway bars - good idea?

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
I remember back in 2003 we had a thread about the best way to fart at 65 mph.

Like 30 pages to that one. :shock:

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
After 30 pages there was still a raging debate.

I guess there is more than one way. :dontknow:

·
Registered
902 Posts
"Is Blowin' in the Wind" :surprise:
DrDolittle, you gotta do something about your posts.
They are barely readable. I have hard time decoding one word at a time. It is very hard. Almost incomprehensible.
I don't know if it's actually your wording or your avatar but seriously, you gotta do something about that. >:)

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
DrDolittle, you gotta do something about your posts.
They are barely readable. I have hard time decoding one word at a time. It is very hard. Almost incomprehensible.
I don't know if it's actually your wording or your avatar but seriously, you gotta do something about that. >:)
I ask this as respectfully as possible:

Are you gay? :shock::dontknow::joke:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts