Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Quite the opposite.
But I don't get your joke. Maybe I'm just getting old. *shrug*

No harm meant. Just snowed in in Denver and decided to play along.

In about 4 months we won’t be as punchy up here. Shoveling 18 inches of snow as a great reminder why I should move.

Reactions: chuck_VTX F

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
No harm meant. Just snowed in in Denver and decided to play along.

In about 4 months we won’t be as punchy up here. Shoveling 18 inches of snow as a great reminder why I should move.

Does shoveling too much snow also makes YOU grumpy?
These 18 inches were too much for my single-stage snowblower so it took a heck of a long time to clean my driveway and the sidewalk. And then of course the city plow put a wall up in front of my driveway, a wall big enough to make Arizona jealous. And I still need to get out and do some more Thanksgiving shopping. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Does shoveling too much snow also makes YOU grumpy?
These 18 inches were too much for my single-stage snowblower so it took a heck of a long time to clean my driveway and the sidewalk. And then of course the city plow put a wall up in front of my driveway, a wall big enough to make Arizona jealous. And I still need to get out and do some more Thanksgiving shopping. :crying::crying::crying::crying:
:cus:

I am SOOOO sore today. bad knee and bad shoulder. Too proud (and cheap) to get a snow thrower.

I literally was in hawaii on monday. It was 80 degrees and I was floating along in the water on the beach.

We were like one of 5 planes that landed on Tuesday morning. Fly home to this?!!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Sure..... rub it in......
Well, it's freezing down here in TX too.
We woke up to 50F this morning. Had to put on a sweater under my riding jacket. Almost didn't ride to work how cold it was. Thought about driving the car with REAR DEFROSTER, heated steering wheel, rear window defroster, XM radio, remote start (to heat up the seats with the "rear defroster") etc.
Btw, anything below room temperature is considered "freezing" down here in TX. Cuz we don't normally see those temperatures. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Are you a full time Texican now Chuck, or still snowbirding ?

Full Time Texan... drivers license and all.
whats "UP" with no drivers license photo with glasses being worn ?

weather...... Texas is about 970 miles North to South..
I am about 10 miles north of the "RIVER".

to the not knowing...
many homes down here do NOT have heating built into the house.

today temperature at 1:30 pm local, 11/27/19

Attachments

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Sure..... rub it in......

I drove about 45 miles (90 mile round trip) west to the other side of Phoenix this morning, i was planning on riding the VTX, as usual.

But it was 49-50F degrees (felt freezing) when i needed to leave.... No way, I took my Truck. It was *ALL* highway...

I saw 3 bikers on the highway in heavy fast moving traffic, i felt sorry for them and was SOOOO glad i wasn't one of them.. one Sport bike who was weaving in and out of traffic... and two big guys on Harley Cruisers. They had to be hurting, one wasn't even wearing a helmet, just a bandanna things on his head..dew rag i guess. That had to be Tough Duty!!:nerd:

Happy Thanksgiving guys, enjoy your long weekend! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:8)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was out today enjoying a cool ride out of east valley of Phoenix to the mountains to the northwest. This was near Jerome AZ today.
Couple of layers and I was comfy warm.

Attachments

Reactions: VTXArizona

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I was out today enjoying a cool ride out of east valley of Phoenix to the mountains to the northwest. This was near Jerome AZ today.
Couple of layers and I was comfy warm.
Yeah, i had planned to wear the Full face helmet and the Joe Rocket Jacket with rain and cold liner, of course gloves... no problem at 55-60 to maybe 85 degrees (my comfort range for all that gear).

I'l be doing it, probably tomorrow, just not highway riding in traffic and the cold.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
my age does not like cold.. reason I moved.

but I have electric heated vest and chaps... plugs into bike. for when Needed..
vest is almost 30 years old.. chaps 20 years old.. both still work fine.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Full Time Texan... drivers license and all.
whats "UP" with no drivers license photo with glasses being worn ?

weather...... Texas is about 970 miles North to South..
I am about 10 miles north of the "RIVER".

to the not knowing...
many homes down here do NOT have heating built into the house.

today temperature at 1:30 pm local, 11/27/19
I lived in that area a long time ago, 70's, wife has family around Corpus Christi, I still have a brother near Austin. Wife and I have ridden the VTX down together to visit a few times, and I've ridden it solo a few more times. Definitely biking weather year round,:thumbup: I just can't do the high humidity there for more than a few days at once. The ride from Las Cruces / El Paso to my turn-off at Kerrville, 600 miles, is the kind of hiway ride my VTX was built for. I've clipped across many long stretches of I-10 there at well over 100 mph with low or no traffic around. No stereo, just the sound of the wind, the road and my VTX.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It was a gorgeous sunny cold (62F) day yesterday so I went for a short ride to see a friend about a thing.
Then another friend requested my presence and I went. He screwed up the timing and I was riding back home after sunset, in 50F. I was miserable cold. To us Texans, 50F is FREEZING! (btw, 50F is 10C, for the civilized crowd here)
I bet y'all up north are laughing yer azzes off at us wuss old farts. :D

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Living in NH made for cold riding especially in the winter. When the air was below zero, I wore a full face helmet. This photo was taken in 1983 in Gilmanton, NH.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts