Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised here are the photos from the setup that we installed last night. The bike really rides nice. Although the Dunlop has a flatter arc to the tire and it does feel different than the Metzeler 260. With the flatter arc you would probably tend to use more of the width of the tire than you would with the Metzeler. The Dunlop looks like it would have more contact with the road. I don't know if that is good or bad.

·
Registered
653 Posts
That is a very nice lookig set-up! And black too. :D

The Dunlop looks like it would have more contact with the road. I don't know if that is good or bad.

How would less tire touching the road be bad?
Those of us who can't lean our bike more than 30*-32* or so are "wasting" tire we can't get to the road, aren't we?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
How much of an offest did you use? That first pic looks kinda funny to me - unless the fender is not perfectly lined up.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the numbers with me but its right at .1/4 of an inch. The photo is a little wierd because you can't take a photo that is square to both fender struts at the same time. The lens of the camera distorts them at an angle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hal, the frame rails or ears are about 10&1/8 at end on my bike, with it offset 1/4 of a inch they will rub if hit a nice pot hole. Can you bend them out 1/4 inch i need the rails or ears support for second rider. have not put it together yet,anybody had this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts