Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Do a search onYahoo. Its proven fact that Teflon has to be applied at over 500 degrees to work. The shit they sell in wax is bogus. Use whats easy to apply and remove, but remember..if its easy..its ususlly a silicone product and wont last......JMHO

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just wondering since I saw that commercial with faggy-a$$ Jeff Gordon. I figured it sounded too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Get some Fat Bob's Biker Wax from detailsupplywhse.com, I guarantee it will be one of, if not the best wax you ever use. And cheap too.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Every Honda dealer sells this little black can of Wax & Shine,(I think thats the name) and it works great on everything,..paint,chrome.,frame....etc..
Its fairly inexpensive..I use that, and/or Meguires Quick Wax (spray)..
They both work very well,and little elbow grease......

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I have some and it seems to be just like any other wax based product.
Dries to a haze and wipes off. It actually does not seem as slick as turtle wax when buffed out. my 2 cents

·
Registered
833 Posts
When they reported Teflon was linked to Cancer they started marketing it in different ways - Wax is one of them. They could not pay me to use it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i just bought the teflon wax too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
try this

I spotted this product being used on a black show corvette, Looked wetter and very easy to apply. Product is from Zaino brothers. It is not a conventional wax. I own a black neo and found it to last longer-go on easier and not at all affected by gas drips on tank. I us a micro fiber when this happens and is perfect. I have tried every product out there and this is worth the money-go to there site and check it out., also good for chrome

·
Registered
110 Posts
nanowax by eagle one

i have tried a lot of good wax products over the years. i found this one last weekend at autozone. nanowax by eagle1 i have a black retro with metalic red flames and the black shows ever hair or spider web mark. so i tried this stuff and it does what they said it fills in the small spider marks.
its not a bad price $9.99 sixteen once bottle. there are many good waxes out there its just what you like the best that matters .

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
aardvark said:
Every Honda dealer sells this little black can of Wax & Shine,(I think thats the name) and it works great on everything,..paint,chrome.,frame....etc..
Its fairly inexpensive..I use that, and/or Meguires Quick Wax (spray)..
They both work very well,and little elbow grease......
Agreed the Honda Shine is the best.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Has anyone tried the brand name "Luster Care" products ??I know not everyone has spoke wheels,but I have been searching for a good product to polish my spokes,and came across Luster Lace..They are 14" long polishing strips ,and from what I have read,they work great..I am picking some up today,and will give them a try..I am tired of ripping up my fingers ,and this looks like a solution.... http://www.lusterlace.com/

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
clean spokes??? Are ya nuts?? I spray mine with a general purpose cleaner, and rinse them. I cant be bothered with waxing each and every one.....LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
wax

mothers wax
carnuba wax is the most gentle
now i need some input on the sidecovers vtx gurus!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Go with the Zaino's you will not be disapointed

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
alauth56 said:
clean spokes??? Are ya nuts?? I spray mine with a general purpose cleaner, and rinse them. I cant be bothered with waxing each and every one.....LOL
They are chrome spokes,and all chrome deserves to be polished..
When you see the finished result,it is well worth the extra effort.People do notice that little detail,and comment on it...Only have to actually "polish" a couple times a summer to keep them looking good.
I do understand why most people think it's too much work,which is why I looked for the best product for the job....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts