Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it. I had ordered them off the internet a couple of months ago just after I got a new front tire. I postponed "installing" them because I didn't have a compressor to re-inflate my tires. I got a mini-compressor for Christmas and since today was a rainy day in Georgia I decided to go for it. I haven't ridden the bike yet with them installed but I'm not expecting any problems... I wonder if I'll be able to tell a difference? :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I was able to tell a difference right away. I am sold on dyna beads for life now. I am going to put them in my truck and the wife's van when I put new tires on them.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I finally did it. I had ordered them off the internet a couple of months ago just after I got a new front tire. I postponed "installing" them because I didn't have a compressor to re-inflate my tires. I got a mini-compressor for Christmas and since today was a rainy day in Georgia I decided to go for it. I haven't ridden the bike yet with them installed but I'm not expecting any problems... I wonder if I'll be able to tell a difference? :D

Anxious to hear a report. I would really like to get those ugly weights off my spec 3 wheels.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Anxious to hear a report. I would really like to get those ugly weights off my spec 3 wheels.
+1 on the report,,,and obierod don't forget to pull that rim weight off before you judge. Dyna Beads are great and I'll never go without them.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I read the dynabeads are ok in tube tires

Has anyone added dyna beads in tube tires?

I worry about tube life with those beads rolling around inside a tube.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've put Dyna beads in my tube when I replaced the rear tire, and have never looked back. I tried to put them in the front, but I think static electricity or something was working against me, it worked much better on a brand new tube. I was also worried about what they might do to a tube. If you check out their website, they state it is safe for tubes, and based on my experience, it appears that is correct. The tire seems balanced just fine. I would have never changed my own tire, but my local shop was so busy they could not fit it in their schedule without keeping the bike for a few days, so I decided to change the tire myself, and the Dyna Beads made it possible to have the tire balanced professionally without any special equipment. I'm sold on them. I'll be putting on a new set of tires before spring, and there will be Dyna Beads, front & back. I put in 2 oz per tire, according to the company's recommendations.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I've put Dyna beads in my tube when I replaced the rear tire, and have never looked back. I tried to put them in the front, but I think static electricity or something was working against me, it worked much better on a brand new tube. I was also worried about what they might do to a tube. If you check out their website, they state it is safe for tubes, and based on my experience, it appears that is correct. The tire seems balanced just fine. I would have never changed my own tire, but my local shop was so busy they could not fit it in their schedule without keeping the bike for a few days, so I decided to change the tire myself, and the Dyna Beads made it possible to have the tire balanced professionally without any special equipment. I'm sold on them. I'll be putting on a new set of tires before spring, and there will be Dyna Beads, front & back. I put in 2 oz per tire, according to the company's recommendations.

Thanks ReRide... read that too on their website... but always nice to hear another opinion

·
Registered
84 Posts
beads

hey guys just thought i would put my 2cents in. i put them in my tubs and have not had any problem with them. all so in my 2 buddy's bikes a 1300 & a gold wing every thing is good. all so used 2 oz's in all of them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had heard of dyna beads before, but I never really looked into it, after reading your post, I looked up the website www.innovativebalancing.com and found a car place 11 miles away that sells them. On line somewhere I found a price of around $15 plus shipping, this local place sold me 8 oz od beads, and the applicator for $10.50 and I didn't have to wait for delivery.

I put them in my tires and went for a ride, and it may be all in my head, but I don't think it has ever rode smoother. I will be using them from here on out.

For anyone in East Central Florida, the place I found them was in Rockledge, FL and the name of the place is Small World Kar Kare.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Bike still being rebuilt so I can't go look... How are those weights affixed? What's the best way to pull 'em off? I'm putting my beads in when my baby comes home again.
On the C model it just came right off with a flathead screwdriver gently lifting to ease it off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dyna Beads - update

I rode to work this morning and the ride was very smooth. My max speed was only about 50mph but it was easy enough to tell the Dyna Beads were working even though my tires were well balanced before. I put 1 oz. in the front and 2 oz. in the rear tire - that is according to the recommendations on the Innovative Balancing site (my post count isn't high enough yet to allow me to post the link). Prior to loading the Dyna Beads I removed all tire weights. ;)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Hmmmmm, when I had my Avon Cobras mounted and balanced, the tech ended up using about 2 grams per wheel. At .25 grams each, that's eight weights per wheel, which looked just exactly like ****. The first thing I did when I got them home was pull 'em off. I was going to run Dyna Beads in 'em, but the guy I contacted about buying some never got back to me. I rode this past summer - the entire summer - with no weights of any kind in or on my wheels. Personally, I'm happy to continue to run my wheels weightless. I call it: The Darkside II or The Other Darkside...

:wink: :wink: :wink:

My boss just bought complete set of winter wheels and tires for his wife's Acura. When they arrived, the valve stem dot on the tire's sidewall was 90-degrees from the valve stem and they'd used about 8 weights on each wheel as well. I guess it's too time consuming to deflate the tire, break the bead, rotate the tire 90-degrees, re-seat the bead and re-balance the tire correctly. In other words, it's too time consuming to do the job right. "Hey, Dale - just slap a ton of weights on there and call 'er good!"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts