Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Foothills MotorSports in Powdersville SC till 6pm

Exit 40 off I85 then .5 mile on 153 Dealer down at light L/h side hdn toward Easley. $40.00 w/ printout. I had a 99.8 hp at 91mph. I can smile with thatt!! PR

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ran by and let them strap down my stock 1800R -- HP was 91.6 at 93 mph. Put on a PC3 with a stock map earlier today and had about an hour on the bike. Ideal conditions: 65 degrees and 20 percent humidity. How does Honda rate the HP?

Yours was the only other cruiser they had done so they pulled yours up for comparison. The difference was above 4000 rpm. What mods have you done?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
* ideas learned off this board....and a set of pipes.

Cheap!! Did the OEM air intake enlargement* where you cut some of the plastic hgs off the stock system $0. Did Biglery's* de-smog to stop popping. It worked with mine but if using a HPP it may not.
Nice tech tips:

http://tech.vtxoa.com/index.php?action= ... artlang=en

I use a K&N filter and 4419 Bosch Plus 4's plugs.
Vance & Hines pipes.Big Shots. Regular gas (some say is the best due to lower flash point vs controled burn of the higher octane.

Your 91.6 hp is measured to the rear tire. Honda's rating of apx 107hp is taking right off the engine so hense the hp difference.

90 hp plus on the dyno is pretty good stuff for any bike.

91.6 -94 is pretty much average for the 1800. HD there that sounded very good wound out ended with a 75hp after 3 runs. The guy was cool and said he had heard the X's were monster torguers.

I did mine out of curiosity and because it was nearby, felt good to have the dyno come to us!! :wink: PR

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wonder how much power is lost through the transmission? I have ordered the Proton 4 and will probably upgrade the exhaust. Then I need to find a dyno tuner. It was nice to get a baseline for hp before I start swapping things around. Don't want to lose ground with the "upgrades." :oops:

Actually, I am more taken with the looks of the Proton than the prospects for more power. Bike is plenty fast right out of the showroom. And too bad about the HD. :wink:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rock'n on an 1800

SCX said:
Wonder how much power is lost through the transmission? I have ordered the Proton 4 and will probably upgrade the exhaust. Then I need to find a dyno tuner. It was nice to get a baseline for hp before I start swapping things around. Don't want to lose ground with the "upgrades." :oops:

Actually, I am more taken with the looks of the Proton than the prospects for more power. Bike is plenty fast right out of the showroom. And too bad about the HD. :wink:
Yes, I too think a baseline to work off of is a good idea. I think any custom pipe on the market will grap you 3-5 hp alone.
Have fun with your ride.......................X's are a good "base" to start any project. PR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts