Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Prohypercharger and Dynojet kit last night. Can't wait to get them! However, I would like to do the install myself. Kinda freaking out, as I have: 1. Never done a rejet on a bike. 2. Never changed out a Air kit. Is there any detailed instructions (preferably with pictures) available out there that will walk me through this? I know I can take it to a stealer, but I feel I would be losing a valuable opportunity to learn about my ride and how she works. I ride the VTX 1300 retro, and love it! Got HK 3" big straights on her and is ready to breathe......I am fairly mechanically inclined and at least know where the carb is.....just don't wanna f*&% it up. Any suggestions? 8)

·
Registered
184 Posts
The instructions are not great, but I figured it out. When you are done. It will run and start better if you tighten the screw with the lock nut on the back side of the hypercharger. This forces the butterfly at start-up and running to stay open about 1/2 inch. Otherwise it acts as a choke and runs very rich.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a site here, look up rejetting the vtx. It has some good pictures.
Have fun its not that hard.
http://www.vtx1300tips.com/

Randy

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Texas X said:
The instructions are not great, but I figured it out. When you are done. It will run and start better if you tighten the screw with the lock nut on the back side of the hypercharger. This forces the butterfly at start-up and running to stay open about 1/2 inch. Otherwise it acts as a choke and runs very rich.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Preciate the input! :p

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Malachi said:
There is a site here, look up rejetting the vtx. It has some good pictures.
Have fun its not that hard.
http://www.vtx1300tips.com/

Randy
Duh! I already had that in my favorites........sheesh, guess I AM freaking out alittle too much about this. Thanks mano, I appreciate the reminder. :oops:

·
Registered
61 Posts
trippy57,

I just did the exact same install last week, and was a little intimidated by amount of [email protected]#$ in the Kury Kit, but it is really not all that bad. The Jetting I think, was the easy part. Just save yourself some time and put the "E" clip on the fourth notch, and grind down the needle 1 to 2 notches. Do not follow the Dynojet instruction for the 3rd notch. I put mine together, and followed the instructions to a "T", but the next day was tearing down the install, to move the clip. The bike was falling on it's face under throttle, moved the clip, boom takes right off now. I hope this helps, and good luck!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stang said:
trippy57,

I just did the exact same install last week, and was a little intimidated by amount of [email protected]#$ in the Kury Kit, but it is really not all that bad. The Jetting I think, was the easy part. Just save yourself some time and put the "E" clip on the fourth notch, and grind down the needle 1 to 2 notches. Do not follow the Dynojet instruction for the 3rd notch. I put mine together, and followed the instructions to a "T", but the next day was tearing down the install, to move the clip. The bike was falling on it's face under throttle, moved the clip, boom takes right off now. I hope this helps, and good luck!!
Thanks for the advise. Could it have had something to do with the elevation you're at? Don't know what the difference is between where you are compared to me, but I'm in Missouri. Dunno, guess I'll just have to give it a shot. Appreciate the input. :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
For the basic rejet process (and pair valve removal if needed) check with BlueVTX for his video on the process. It is great to get you over those "first time" jitters. Shows exactly how easy it is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just installed the procharger and dynojet kit last week , it is a fair size job it took me 4-5 hours to get everything right and I am a licensed tech.
I tried the jetting as the instructions said 3rd notch 2.5 turns and 200 main , bike worked terrible so the first thing I tried was remove needle grind it down one notch and put clip on 4th notch, man the bike came right to life, my advice is try this combo first 200, 4th, 2.5 turns.

Mike 04 1300c

·
Registered
295 Posts
Where would you start with Roadhouse Classic 2 int 1's and stock air box and stock filter? And if K&N filter is installed? Where can I get an adjuster tool? Mine is missing from my kit. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
rejet

installed the pro hypercharger, dynojet kit and sideburners in a Sunday afternoon. Also pulled the pair assy. No real problems. I also followed the instructions to a "T", 195 main jet, 065 idle jet, third clip, 2.5 turns, dynojet needle and spring.

On cold days (<40) I got some decel pops. Otherwise the bike runs like a scalded dog. No burning desire to dyno although I'll eventually check just to know.

Side note - once you hear the sideburners snarl you'll be changed for life!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts