Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys im a tech for bmws for many years..i have a pc in the garage and worked like crazy trying to map "vicky" on my own..and i was real close..up top..real close..but the driveablity...well....i decided to get a custom map from [email protected] solutions 84 mill plain road danbury ct.phone #203 748 0741...the driveabilty is so much improved the popping is gone....to the ct vtx gang,and nearby vtxers,this is a guy with tuning link software(big extra charge from dynojet)he doesnt need to beat on your bike to tune it,he said he would take good care of the fellow vtxers(just mapped a big kit from the boys on long island).135 foot pounds!!!!....just tell brian from vtxoa...sent you..you will be happy!
if you like ill meet you there and help with any needs(no i.....i just met him too,and dont work for him)i was just soooo amazed at the difference the way the bike drove,its the best money ive spent on this bike!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
If your tuner is good your he will not beat your bike with or without tuning link :roll:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt mean to get your tail in an uproar..johnnny..hes way over here and pays dynojet every year for the tuning link software so he can tune every bike perfectly ,hes a great guy.....and go the extra mile(as i sure you do as best you can)he even called dynojet and asked if more could be done with the decell popping (that is hardly there now)and called me as to adding some in the 0 throt.above 2000...but really its not ness,as so the bike is running so damn good im putting it off.im just looking out for my fellow vtxers in the northeast i guess...when they see his operation and sit next to and watch every step of there babys transformation,to perfection they will understand that [email protected] dyno solutions is doing what dynojet had in mind for all the people that bought a pc managment system from them!
This is for these poor guys trying to try maps from other bikes thats you&i know will not work for them............p.s.im not some idiot...ive been a bmw(car) master tech for 26 years..been riding and working on bikes for over 30....so this mapping a simple thing like a pc3 is no big deal....but i know you do need the tools to do it...one time watching the T.L.software at work and there no question that its the state of the art tuning..WE all are looking for!.....if you have more input let it rip.....Brian

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
the tuning link was made so a anyone could make a map, you saw it in action, the problem is that it sets A/F in section to be flat lined, the main problem with this I found was that you might need 11:1 a/f and the next cell you need 13:1 Honda 929 is famous for this. the tuninglink won't make a good map the bike would buck badly the only way to fix it is manualy. How do I know this, becuase it is real easy to map like the tuning link for the most part I can map just like it in ranges where one doesn't tend to ride at to fill the cells,and for the SERIOUS $$$$$$$ they want EVERY year ,I am way ahead ,
not knocking your guy at all but I am hinting that he doesn't need it.
being a tech yourself you see what a simple program this is but I already know that in the real near future the systems will be more like that of let's say,,,,,,,,,,, DTA.
The tuning link is not state of the art IMHO, it is like scanning your own groceries at the supermarket, some say it is state of the art but really it is just so the store can make more money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts