Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in going to the east coast gathering in Fredricksburg Va. they have a block of rooms at the holiday Inn set aside for the VTX Riders..the date for the gathering is June 26-28th and all the info is on the general board. Walt and I are going this year as part of a trip to Gatlinburg with our daughther, so have booked a room with 2 double beds, so if anyone is interested in making the run we have a extra bed availble..(Walt doesn't snore)Wer'e trailering as I'm not sure my shoulder will hold up for that many miles this year, so if anyone wanted to do the camping thing in Bull dogs yard we can carry the gear for you..Happy New Year All!! :doorag:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Anyone interested in going to the east coast gathering in Fredricksburg Va. they have a block of rooms at the holiday Inn set aside for the VTX Riders..the date for the gathering is June 26-28th and all the info is on the general board. Walt and I are going this year as part of a trip to Gatlinburg with our daughther, so have booked a room with 2 double beds, so if anyone is interested in making the run we have a extra bed availble..(Walt doesn't snore)Wer'e trailering as I'm not sure my shoulder will hold up for that many miles this year, so if anyone wanted to do the camping thing in Bull dogs yard we can carry the gear for you..Happy New Year All!! :doorag:
That may work for Elvie and I. I'm actually off that weekend. It all depends on a few other things. Elvie is off for 2 weeks in July, but it may encompass that weekend. Also, we are considering a trip to Niagara Falls in that time frame. I'm not sure if Elvie will be up for 2 trips. (maybe 3 trips as we are also considering Nova Scotia) Thanks for the early notice. As soon as the holidays are finished it will be time to start planning for the spring and summer. I'm looking forward to it. Happy New Years to all. (oh and for the record.....I DO SNORE)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we'll be heading to Niagara at some point also as my best friends daughter is having a baby in the first part of June, hoping she has it before memorial Day so can just go the long weekend..planning on riding for the Niagara trip as it's just under 500 miles..may make it a 2 day trip if I find the shoulder isn't riding well...hope to get some good riding in this year..:D

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
LOL - walt doesn't snore, does that mean you do Ilona????

If I went you both wouldn't have to worry about snoring, I do enough for a family, but not as bad as my father and elmer, I wore earplugs at americade to sleep through the snoring contest!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Walt says I do, but I'm asleep so it doesn't bother me..I figure snoring is just another way of knowing the person in bed with you is still alive. :grin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm going to be in Front Royal, Va. That's less then 2 hours from Fredericksburg. I'll stop in for some fun on Saturday.
Elmer:yikes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I almost forgot, I had surgery last May to fix the snoring problem. Karen says it worked. No worries at Americade this year Paul.
Elmer:yikes:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
East Coast gathering

:( I`d love to go but the month of June is pretty booked up. First week I`am going to Americade, and Laconia at the end of the month. I see others have been to Americade, anyone have any advice on some of the rides, or attractions to attend.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I couldnt commit right now but would certainly like to attend:dontknow:

with having so much time off work i dont know how things will be when i return later this month, kinda have a feeling i will return to be laid off....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I keep looking at the main thread for this trip and would really like to take the trip. Anybody interested is going down on a Friday and coming back on Sunday/Monday. I will have to convince the boss to let me go but it should be too hard as long as it doesn't conflict with anything else on the schedule. According to Google maps its just 525 miles on the most direct route but I don't think that would be the one I would want to take. I would probably want to take a wider route around the bigger cities.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I keep looking at the main thread for this trip and would really like to take the trip. Anybody interested is going down on a Friday and coming back on Sunday/Monday. I will have to convince the boss to let me go but it should be too hard as long as it doesn't conflict with anything else on the schedule. According to Google maps its just 525 miles on the most direct route but I don't think that would be the one I would want to take. I would probably want to take a wider route around the bigger cities.
I'm still hoping to go. Elvie has 2 weeks off at that time but it doesn't include the Friday. I know Ilona and Walk may be trailering to Va. and I am considering the same. Elvie may have a difficult time with that mush time in the saddle. Either way, it would mean leaving late Friday night or early Saturday morning. The trip back is fine since we have plenty of time to get back. I would really prefer riding down, but I have to consider Elvie. There is the possibility of still riding down and maybe when Elvie gets a little tired she can hop in with Ilona and Walk. I do like the prospect of this ride though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts