Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EasyBrackets for bags... They don't list a part for Neo. Anyone know if the strut bolt holes are the same as a retro? Neo has a slightly different design than the others. I have the neo backrest too.

Btw, 3D... if you're out there.. I saw a post saying you used the EZs plus the honda support brackets. Did you weld them together?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm defenately not the expert here, but I've got the N also and found that the strut mounts, (holes), are different from any of the other VTX's. If it doesn't list a part specifically for the N model, it probably wont work. At least as far as brackets for the struts or bag supports. I ended up making my own. Looks/works great IMHO.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I called them yesterday and they have nothing that will work with the neo backrest...this also includes the ghostbrackets also.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'd hate to drill into the backrest bracket though. I thought maybe if I had the bolt/studs for it, I'd be able to drill a new hole in the EZ bracket part itself, but I guess you would have done that if you coulda, Bill. Either I wait until they make one for Neo(probably) or... if I could get the EZ studs, I could make my own bracket. Wonder if they'd sell em seperately or does anyone have leftover/unused studs? And if so, would they still be too short anyway because of the Neo backrest set-up?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I found that neither the ez or the ghost brackets would work without hacking on my honda rest/rack. Corbins also meant no rest/rack.

My boss bags are on the way - they use the front two bolts of the fender mount (the ones you see anyway) and come with all of the shims etc to use them with or without the backrest. 'Spensive but I'm :D

My .02
Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2004 Neo and my dealer installed my brackets for bags without drilling. I think he got them out of the catalog.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are quick release systems, chefkris. They pop right on and off.
Oh man! I like that boss bag system, McJeep. (Mmmmm... nipples.) You're right, a little pricey. And they won't sell the hardware seperate. Something to consider though. Anyone know of any other 'quick bag' set-ups?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts