Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wont be able to do this ride. Due to wife's work circumstances. I will be granddad for the weekend. Sorry, ride safe safe travels.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I wont be able to do this ride. Due to wife's work circumstances. I will be granddad for the weekend. Sorry, ride safe safe travels.
Steve, from what I can tell, it looks like overall this weekend does not work for the majority, plus the forecast has it at around 60-70% chance of thunderstorms. Therefore if there is no objection from anyone involved, I say let's reschedule for a later date.

Javy

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
NWS = 60% Sat, Weatherunderground above 75% chance Sat 1200-2359 at my location.
Its too HOT to ride south anyway!

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Javier--I saw some severe thunderstorm warnings yesterday.
SPC weather reports:: COLUMBUS MUSCOGEE GA 3246 8499 ABOUT A DOZEN LARGE TREES WERE BLOWN DOWN IN COLUMBUS ... SOME ONTO POWER LINES. (FFC)

NWS Showing 91 at KATL and 92 at KCSG at 1751 EDT.
Most be once an hour Temp reporting.

I had a nice short ride this morning, it sure got got in the afternoon when I was edging/weed eater.
Supposed to be in the high 80's next week, thinking about riding to North Georgia mtns.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Javier--I saw some severe thunderstorm warnings yesterday.
SPC weather reports:: COLUMBUS MUSCOGEE GA 3246 8499 ABOUT A DOZEN LARGE TREES WERE BLOWN DOWN IN COLUMBUS ... SOME ONTO POWER LINES. (FFC)

NWS Showing 91 at KATL and 92 at KCSG at 1751 EDT.
Most be once an hour Temp reporting.

I had a nice short ride this morning, it sure got got in the afternoon when I was edging/weed eater.
Supposed to be in the high 80's next week, thinking about riding to North Georgia mtns.
Yep, the storm came thru here and did just that. A few thousand homes lost power due to trees knocking down power lines and transformers exploding. The area I live in was fortunate and we didn't experience any of the damage. The rain was welcomed though, since it had been over a week we didn't have rain.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I'll be up at The Iron Horse Lodge in Stecoah from July 2nd to the 5th riding of course The Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and Wayah Bald Road to Franklin and then over on 64 S to Highlands and then on to The Dillard House in Dillard, Georgia.

Then back to Sylva and then back to Stecoah but this will be over 3 days but it is definitely Great Riding as Han and Motorcycle Mike know as well as others here in this Forum.

Too Hot to lay on a beach in Hilton Head Island or Destin so we have been going to Stecoah for the last 5 years.

Lots of Storms in the last couple of weeks here in Peachtree City Area and thank God I just got my Roof Leak fixed yesterday and it no longer leaks. I had a hole the size of a bowling ball so he got rid of all of the rotten wood and treated it with Black Ice and reshingled and I am back in business.

Have Fun Riding wherever you go and let's hope some of these storms move out of here so we can ride.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'll be up at The Iron Horse Lodge in Stecoah from July 2nd to the 5th riding of course The Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and Wayah Bald Road to Franklin and then over on 64 S to Highlands and then on to The Dillard House in Dillard, Georgia.

we were at the iron horse a few weeks ago it's a great place to stay and good food for dinner .
the dillard house is great to

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
I ate peach ice cream today in Musella, visited FDR on Dowdell's Knob(Pine Mtn).
My chauffeur, her sister, bro n law and me the back seat driver/navigator.
Ice cream was soooo good.
We spoke to the 87 year old owner and his son the chief operator.
They had a crew working on the packing line.
A very nice day to ride and I was in a cage.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It is hard to beat The Ironhorse Lodge and it beats laying by the pool in 90 degree temps.

The Dillard House is also Great Food but getting pretty pricey so we only do it once while we are there as The Ironhorse Lodge has meals on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Friday Night is Prime Rib Night and that is always great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MIA

Love the Photo and wanted to say Thank You for the reminder. I am working on a tribute bike that will be ready done in the spring. Fuel Tank photo below. This is designed as my way to say Thank You and also farewell to the fallen. I lost my father in the Air Force when I was 5 years old in 1965.
Next year when you have some rides I would love to come and ride with you.
Paint work is being done in Oregon and the images below are just the designs. He has them almost done.
Mike - Ringgold GA
Side Tank.jpg Rear Fender.jpg Logo.jpg

21 - 32 of 32 Posts