Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a common issue. I've been looking for a way to fix it. I have the parts needed to fix it to factory spec (bought the terminal and the crimpers.) I just cannot remember where the green wire goes into the wiring block. If someone who has a running 2007 VTXR can send me a picture of your wiring block, or tell me a relative location where the green wire is plugged in, I'll be eternally grateful. I've been struggling with this for 6 months. (No riding) :-( Please help me!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome to the club.
6 months with 1 broken wire? Sucks.
I am sure we can get you back on the road.

First of all, I assume you mean the ICM (Ignition Control Module)? The 1300 does not have an ECM like the 1800.
Is it a light green wire or regular green wire? (LG is for the neutral light, G is for grounds)
If you have one wire that's missing from the connector, is it not obvious where the hole is? Got a picture, maybe? I might not be understanding the situation 100%.

Here's the wiring diagram to get you started:

Schematic Font Rectangle Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
14,648 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The primary green and black wires at the end of the connector usually break.
A micro piece of wire is visible in the weather seal.
Pix for the fix!
How to Step by Step 1300 Section
The second picture you sent is exactly what I needed! Thank you! It confirms that my wiring job was in the wrong terminal block!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howdy from Texas and welcome to the club.
6 months with 1 broken wire? Sucks.
I am sure we can get you back on the road.

First of all, I assume you mean the ICM (Ignition Control Module)? The 1300 does not have an ECM like the 1800.
Is it a light green wire or regular green wire? (LG is for the neutral light, G is for grounds)
If you have one wire that's missing from the connector, is it not obvious where the hole is? Got a picture, maybe? I might not be understanding the situation 100%.

Here's the wiring diagram to get you started:

View attachment 211116
Yes, you are correct. I didn't know the difference in naming. Thank you for your answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts