Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are we all about to get a "check" (or direct deposit)?

Gut wrenching to think about yet another 2 Trillion in debt for the Country.

I'm reading $1,200 for per person and as long as they had some reported income and if you got a Form SSA-1099, Social Security Benefit Statement, that counts as income too (Plus they would know where to deposit the money).

Pipe Dream? or True?

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Working people ?!!!!!!!
correction,
unemployed working people.

I have been wrong before, and will again.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
That is good info to have, time to file my 2019 taxes.
If I don't they'll look at my 2018 income instead when my income level was much higher since I did not retire until end of July.
Since, being retired, I don't see myself as a victim of the economic stress lots of people are going through I have decided though to give the check to a tbd charity.

·
Premium Member
11,802 Posts
That is good info to have, time to file my 2019 taxes.
If I don't they'll look at my 2018 income instead when my income level was much higher since I did not retire until end of July.
Since, being retired, I don't see myself as a victim of the economic stress lots of people are going through I have decided though to give the check to a tbd charity.
You better hurry, old man. They're going to use last year's return...

Also, I can give you my paypal address if you're feeling charitable.

The current bill as written requires you to have filed a 2019 tax return or a 2018 return if you haven't filed your 2019 return yet by the time the checks go out, and it would send the benefit checks to the address listed on the tax return. See below for updating your information with the IRS.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You better hurry, old man. They're going to use last year's return...

Also, I can give you my paypal address if you're feeling charitable.

The current bill as written requires you to have filed a 2019 tax return or a 2018 return if you haven't filed your 2019 return yet by the time the checks go out, and it would send the benefit checks to the address listed on the tax return. See below for updating your information with the IRS.
My taxes are always ready at the beginning of February, but since I owe them money this year I planned to wait for the last moment which would have been July 15 if it wasn't for the stimulus. It will go out tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
lets see....
wife and I are retired..... no other income.. my 1040 (SR) old person form was mailed in late January.
same for 2018

and YES, at this time.. it is nice as long as the "SS" does not go belly up.. we are good.
👽 🛸🚀:coffee:🧐

as for the Check is in the mail.. I will wait till its in the checkbook.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lets see....
wife and I are retired..... no other income.. my 1040 (SR) old person form was mailed in late January.
same for 2018

and YES, at this time.. it is nice as long as the "SS" does not go belly up.. we are good.
👽 🛸🚀:coffee:🧐

as for the Check is in the mail.. I will wait till its in the checkbook.
you're looking at $2400 then... We'll see, don't go spending the money quite yet..
don't get 🤩 ( starry eyed)....

·
Premium Member
11,802 Posts
you're looking at $2400 then... We'll see, don't go spending the money quite yet..
That's a lot of gum drops and licorice sticks!
A man has to discipline himself...

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
who ME ??.. never,, I have dealt with the gov-ment many times....
SS, IRS, FCC, FBI.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
actually Chuck, i was probably talking to myself..... except cut it in half to $1,200..

😁🥳🤪😵😴
Sorry about that !!!!!:)

I could use it .. but who would not.
I would like to replace my Samsung J3-20 for a A50
a Windshild for the motorcycle would be a BIG Bonus ...
at my age.. getting beat-up by the wind is getting OLD.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
No plans for now. May choose to re-invest into our savings/ investments. I do need some topsoil for low areas, and top sealer for the 400' driveway.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
We shell See...

maybe or maybe Not.
time and the checkbook will Tell.

I am NOT going to HOLD my breath.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
We shell See...

maybe or maybe Not.
time and the checkbook will Tell.

I am NOT going to HOLD my breath.
i just heard it on NPR News. i'm 99% convinced. You should try and hold your breath in public these days, if someone comes close to you... 😧 until you escape from them...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts