Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 vtx 1800c i was doing the ground fix when I came across a wire which is red with white strip. It is one of the terminal coming off the cpu under the seat. Where the wire goes into the terminal its discolored and the terminal itself looks a little discolored also. All other wires look good just 1 that's kinda black. How do I go about fixing this wire?

Thanks all

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
2 - R/W wires, 2 - Green wires, 1 - White/Black = Rectifier/Regulator wires. 2002 had a 2pin connector issue: http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/tech/melted-main-wiring/ Also sometimes the IGN switch connector. Pull out the Female terminals, give it a slight crimp to put more pressure on the male pin. Put some grease/ dielectric grease on them. Place female back into connector block. If seriously damaged then direct solder wire to wire or an external terminal connection. Connectors are for mass production assembly.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a special way to pull the female terminal out? I've tried tugging on the wire but I'm afraid of breaking something.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is there a special way to pull the female terminal out? I've tried tugging on the wire but I'm afraid of breaking something.

There is a little tab on the pin that locks them in the plastic connector.. All of them that I have seen are similar. There are special tools that help make the job easier, but once you figure out how it works you can probably use some kind of little pick to release it..

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts