Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! The Emerald Coast Bikefest will be April 22 - 24th in Holt, Florida this year. I sent out a flyer to everyone I have on my e-mail list. If you didn't get it I don't have you on the list. Please e-mail me ([email protected]) to make sure you are included. Let's try to get together one of the days and go over as a group. I'm thinking Sat would be the best day for us all to make it, but let me know.I'm looking forward to another fun filled afternoon.

(I wonder if they will have chickens there???)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks fun. I am in and vote for Saturday the 23rd. Who needs guard chickens when you have "seductive bull riding." Let's go Alabama and NW Florida and anyone else... we're talking about seductive bull riding for cash. It IS great to be an American! And we can ride our bikes there at a high rate of speed too!!!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be "offline" for the next few days until I get all settled into my new house. (Damn the new mortgage payment) Keep up the recruitment for the Bikefest and I will chime in again as soon as I can.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello folks. Yes, I am finally back. Damn, I hate moving. scubadud; I have your e-mail address now. Thank you and WELCOME!! I am looking forward to next weekend. Should be a great time. I have new fork spring and clutch spring I need to install. Kenny, I might need your help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Good to see you back. Was wondering if you left the planet. Have not seen or heard from Kenny. Is he going to go to Holt? Need to know what the plan is and what day to set aside. Just let us know, Show.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Clutch spring and fork spring

Show....the installs on both of these aren't really tough, just time consuming. Check out Bare's site (bareasschoppers.com) I think, he has posted walkthroughs on both. Be aware, you will need a "fork tool" to install the front springs...I had borrowed Bare's and added a couple of other tools to the kit when I used it, but you will have to contact Bare to find out where the tool is right now...I'm quite sure it's literally been all over the US. You may need a bit of fork oil too. Manwhor also had a couple of interesting tips on installing these and I even added a trick or two myself. As to the clutch springs, pretty straight forward..be prepared to change your oil and filter at the same time as this makes the job easier when there's no oil in the case to have to deal with. Call me and Kenny, I think we could walk a "Crestviewite" through it!! 8) 8) Do you have a bike lift?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I have a bike lift. What I really need is the time to do it. It won't happen this weekend as I will be "in the field". I will be sure to let you know when I have the time to do it. I can use all the help I can get. I am sure I can do it myself, I just don't want to screw anything up.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm going to have to pass on the Emerald Coast Bike Fest. I can't see spending that much to get in and just stay a few hours. I'm riding over to Tallahassee on sunday 4/17/05. I'll be leaving Niceville at about 1 o'clock. My boss bought a Road King and I'm going to meet him and ride back. I also need to make time to do some more mods on my bike, fork springs, 412 progressive rear shocks 11", and the 6 degree triple tree. I think we need to set up a tech session. :lol: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.