Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 vtx 1800c
On a short trip it began to sputter and cut out at intervals and this gradually has worsened. Every time I roll into the throttle it cuts out and the FI light comes on for a couple of seconds then it runs again. The only thing I have done to it is add a Jardine 2 into 1 slip on pipe. I've had it on the bike since approx 300 miles and it now has approx 850 miles on it. I put stabile in it through the winter and started it often. I have just run my 1st tank of gas through it since the winter. I have changed the plugs with no improvement. I added a PC 111 also with no improvement. It is bad enough that I am unable to drive it. Any thoughts or sugggestions?

·
Registered
679 Posts
This has been a common problem.

Check the connections at the battery. Don't just wiggle them, check them with a screwdriver or wrench.

8)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Have done the ground fix?
Did you use the vampire clips or solder you connections on you're PC III?
Drywallman

·
Registered
461 Posts
Had the same exact problem. The neg cable to the baterry was loose and dirty. Cleaned it up and reinstalled it. problem solved. Sounds like some kind of grounding problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
krank'em down

richard h said:
This has been a common problem.

Check the connections at the battery. Don't just wiggle them, check them with a screwdriver or wrench.

8)

This is the best place to start :)
Give it a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts