Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Erin is buying me engine bars for xmas, i found cobra fattys for $163 at xtreme revolution, there are prettier bars out there but:-

1) this is the best price i could find..anyone know of cheaper?
2) Should i pay the extra and go for prettier bars i.e Kuryakyn etc

I figured with having an 1800 the fattys would be a safer option and look more proportional to the bike but i am open to suggestions, $163 is a good price i think.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Erin is buying me engine bars for xmas, i found cobra fattys for $163 at xtreme revolution, there are prettier bars out there but:-

1) this is the best price i could find..anyone know of cheaper?
2) Should i pay the extra and go for prettier bars i.e Kuryakyn etc

I figured with having an 1800 the fattys would be a safer option and look more proportional to the bike but i am open to suggestions, $163 is a good price i think.

:popcorn:
I've seen some reports of Chrome coming off of the Kurys. I'd stick with the Fatty's especially at that price!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Speaking of training wheels, has anyone else seen these set-ups? I have seen a few in pictures and on the road!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now Dan one knows that the British have way too much Etiquette to drop of motorcycle...in public (shhhh) okay way too much talk about dropping a bike:-? :doorag:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
my fattys probably saved my leg in my accident..I'll be putting them on the next bike also..I've seen prettier bars also, but like the weight of the fattys..:D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont see any difference between the fattys and the paladins that mike has..or is it my dumb english a$$?

I am going towards the basic guards fattys/paladins as they will give me more confidence that the bike and i will be more protected incase of a drop.

·
Registered
383 Posts
One of the nice things about having the bars would be it is much easier to attach highway pegs to them. I have the Kury ones that come off the floor boards and they are to close to the bike to be able to have the pegs extended and still shift or brake. I need to get extensions for them this winter, of course the fact that I wear size 13 steel toe boots does not help me either. I plan to try and find a decent riding boot that does not say Harley or look like I just got out of the disco!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
When you find them in a size 13, check for a size 15 for me...near impossable so far, but I will keep looking :roll:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Have you looked into the Lindby Highway Bars? Shape is a little different I believe and they look pretty nice and seem to be popular. Not sure of the price.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
When you find them in a size 13, check for a size 15 for me...near impossable so far, but I will keep looking :roll:
Boots..... No longer cool. I guess you haven't been paying attention or watching Sons of Anarchy. Sneakers are in, I heard next season they'll be wearing birkenstocks. :lol:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Have you looked into the Lindby Highway Bars? Shape is a little different I believe and they look pretty nice and seem to be popular. Not sure of the price.
I almost bought the Linbys, but I heard they hit before the floorboards and the were the most $$$ of the ones I liked.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like ill be going with Mike's suggestion and the ones he owns, nice price and all reviews say nothing about them hitting before the boards, wonder if January will offer further discounts:dontknow:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the Lindy bars and love them. They don't scrap before the floor boards do. Gives you lots of riding positions. As for boots I recommend Redwing Motorcycle boots> I wear 12EE and they had plenty of sizes larger. They wear well and are extremely comfortable to walk in.
Elmer:yikes:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I got the Cobra Fattys for 151 shipped from Xtreme last month...there is a first time buyers coupon that I used...lemme see if I can find it.......ok here it is

Coupon Code = 13491C13CB
$20 off $100
$50 off $500
$100 off $1000

Not sure if it is still active but the Fattys for 150.95 is a great deal

Still sitting in the box waiting for spring :(

Goose

1 - 19 of 19 Posts