Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
When you tear down, you really tear down. I recognize some of the stuff like the cooling system metal hoses.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could take the credit. Bought a random box of parts on eBay to get the 3 I wanted.

These are just what's left.

·
Premium Member
7,174 Posts
Wow, that is a swack load of fasteners. One doesn't quite realize how many there are until they are all laid out like that.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
761 Posts
I wish I could take the credit. Bought a random box of parts on eBay to get the 3 I wanted.

These are just what's left.
That is a great move. I have done the same for every bike I owned (since ebay), I buy hardware kits from salvaged bikes and hold onto them. Since I always have Japanese bikes and local hardware stores suck with metric bolts, it is a great move.

Someone should consider buying the whole set from you. You never know when you are going to need a bolt at 11 pm when you are working on your bike...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel you, JPT. And with my OCPD I like know what I have on hand.

·
Premium Member
7,174 Posts
A bit more expensive, but if you need fasteners, go to your local bike shop, or look online for track packs. They come for dirt bikes, and sport bikes. The selection is pretty broad and I have several of different size packs. It' s gotten me out of more than a few jams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts