Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anybody changed the motor on one of these,if so any tricks or tips I should know. I've got a motor coming from Ebay for a 05 1300 the previous owner didn't change the oil before letting it sit too long siezed a main bearing I'm guessing. Any info is appreciated

·
Old Goat
25,398 Posts
Welcome....make sure ECM is compatible...other than that I got nuttin.....others will be more helpful...good luck

·
Registered
9,768 Posts
follow the service manual.. its here on this forum to download and its FREE...

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
11,945 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
An old thread from Dark Star I believe showed him using chain link fence posts to put in place of the engine mounts and then sliding the frame out from around the engine on those posts

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
This is a 1300, no big rubber bushing holes to put a pipe through. Four 10mm bolts in the crankcase to the frame brackets..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey has anybody changed the motor on one of these,if so any tricks or tips I should know. I've got a motor coming from Ebay for a 05 1300 the previous owner didn't change the oil before letting it sit too long siezed a main bearing I'm guessing. Any info is appreciated
Might be worth your time before installing the motor from eBay, to take the heads off and take a look around first. If need be, spray some penetrating oil on top of the pistons to loosen them up.

Removing and replacing the motor is a bit of a pain but as already stated, just take make sure you have all the necessary tools, take your time and follow the directions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts