Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
I've owned 11 street bikes in about 40 years of riding and I'm confident they've saved me much more money than I've spent on them. Every one I've owned I resold for close to what I put into them, and all the years of buying and owning bikes kept me from doing the same with cars, and I'm still driving the same truck (my '92 Toyota below) I bought back in '93 (29 years ago).

Riding bikes daily allowed me to keep the miles on my truck super low, so it lasted so long, keeping me from having to buy new cars.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Don’t think I could get rid of it I wanted!! She loves that bike!
Please post a photo of the back of it. I would like to see one that doesn't have a "for sale" sign somewhere at the back. People here buy them and within two months, maybe, there is a sticker on the back with "for sale" and if you stop to look at it someone races out from the cafe or bakery to ask if you are interested in buying it. Some Spyders here are two years old and have had five owners. If you and your wife like them its not for me to stop you. If you like them that's all that counts.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
222 Posts
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

I picked it up 7 years ago and she washes it so much I make fun of her and tell her she’s going to wear off the plastic wrap! If I bought a new one I think I’d just have to hold on to this for one of my granddaughters.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
222 Posts
my older brother bought a 900cc ryker because of problems with his legs. he loves it. but i find it hard to ride. i keep wanting to lean into the turns.
I put the Progressive shock front and back on hers and greatly improved the ride and it does lean a little more but you’re right it isn’t 2 wheels!! I love the lean but if I ever had to choose 3 wheels or not riding I’d pick riding any day!!

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
I put the Progressive shock front and back on hers and greatly improved the ride and it does lean a little more but you’re right it isn’t 2 wheels!! I love the lean but if I ever had to choose 3 wheels or not riding I’d pick riding any day!!
Put up some pix of your customizing, the spider web footrests, etc.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the first time i rode it i almost went off the road on the first left hand turn. i liked the auto trans after a bit, but it's hard for an old time rider to get used to.

·
Old Goat
26,673 Posts
That’s the right way of thinking…I met a guy who was an left leg amputatee…he was on a 650…burgman…he stated he wasnt gonna give up riding and the step thru was easier on him….he also stated that if needed he would go 3 wheels….good luck

21 - 30 of 30 Posts