Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, did everyone survive last nights deluge? Went out last night, yeh, I must be nuts! Water looked to be getting up in Kenner/Metrairie area, hope everyone home is still dry.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Didn't get much here in the Northeast corner. Temps should be in the upper 60's this afternoon. May get a ride in.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Water from yard to yard but none in the garage. House is in the air. We are on one of the highest points in the greater new orleans areas, on the river.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it was just a close call. Two more hours of rain and who knows what would hae happened.Glad everyone still dry.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Look out, the rain is coming back to spend the week with us.:rain1::rain1:
Hope it is gone by the weekend.
We are riding LA 18 River Road Saturday and eating at Pier 51 in LaPlace.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Working this weekend, but I'll say that is my parents favorite restraunt.
The rain gauge at my fathers house was over 6". It isn't one of the modern ones that empty themselves, so it ran over. Uncle 1 1/2 miles away went over 5", same reason. Enought rain for at least a week or two. Try and stay dry.Hope you make a good ride and dine.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just wondering, did everyone survive last nights deluge? Went out last night, yeh, I must be nuts! Water looked to be getting up in Kenner/Metrairie area, hope everyone home is still dry.
The tide came in here in Lakeview, but receeded fairly quickly. Rain gauge overflowed at 5" as well....glad we're getting a break tonight!

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
Had to go out in that crap Saturday afternoon and evening. We were waiting for a dog to come in on a flight from Houston and the flight was over 3 hours late because of the weather. Plenty of water on my street.

Sure glad we got a break and had a nice day Sunday. Knocked out a sack of oysters with some friends on the North Shore.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We stayed dry in the house but one spot on the side of the house had a small leak. My oldest son fixed that though. Had a lot of water in the front yard and up the driveway. Also the pool is pretty full too. I am in Metairie close to Power Blvd.

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts