Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the community. I've had my 06 VTX1300 for almost 5 years. I have been contemplating replacing the stock pipes. Any suggestions to modify for a louder sound or top 5 exhaust manufacturers to consider.

Thank you,
AaronB

·
Registered
993 Posts
14 year old bike, you should see what’s available and then get opinions. Personally I like my Hard Krome pipes. Nice rumble, not obnoxiously loud.

And welcome.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14 year old bike, you should see what’s available and then get opinions. Personally I like my Hard Krome pipes. Nice rumble, not obnoxiously loud.

And welcome.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.
Thank you Smurfy71 I like the sound as I enjoy the fact my hearing has not been impacted. Just considering options to make it a little louder. I have been reading up on replacements that have been identified to fit a 1300. Just figured to get other opinions. It may come down to not replacing them.

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA.
It is best if you put 1300C on the Signature line or type it in everytime.
"C" is important, because some things on R/S versions are different.
Fenders, fender rails, seats, muffler, muffler bracket, floor boards, handlebars are different on the R/S.

These people have modified OEM exhaust, "vtxexhaust dot com"

At the search engine aka "Search Community" type in "vtxexhaust" and start reading.
I did not like the large heavy OEM, I bought HK 2.5 classics. I added something like a lollipop
to mine to reduce the "clang" "clanging".
I have not made exhaust changes in many years.
I looked at Dennis Kirk, OoS...
Hardkrome still has some. A few high mileage riders had cracks develop
on the heat-shield. Mine has a scar on the bottom pipe.

·
Old Goat
25,403 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reactions: TennX

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to AaronB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts