Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had my Intake/Exhaust decision made (was going to go with the Thunder S&S style and Roadhouse Classic 2-1, to stay in line with my "Retro" appearance)...and then came along the P4....

Well, I couldn't pass it up...

so, now...what would be the best Exhaust to go with it???

Now I am considering the Cobra angled slash cuts (like are on Pete's Icon-X)...but I do not want too loud! People have suggested putting in the V&H quiet baffels (they fit ok??) for a "Deeper Tone" and more backpressure.

Will this "disrupt" the intake/output flow??

or will the Roadhouse pair up well with the P4???

I am doing the "De-smog" mod (ordered block-off plates too!)...do I need the O2 sensor elimination kit???

I am FAAAAR from mechanically inclined...I can read and follow instructions/directions. So, I rely HEAVILY on the advise/opinions I can find here!

ThanX in advance!!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
63,774 Posts
XXX-NH said:
so, now...what would be the best Exhaust to go with it???
For what? Performance? Jardine Drags, Vance&Hines
XXX-NH said:
Now I am considering the Cobra angled slash cuts (like are on Pete's Icon-X)...but I do not want too loud! People have suggested putting in the V&H quiet baffels (they fit ok??) for a "Deeper Tone" and more backpressure.

Will this "disrupt" the intake/output flow??
No, they work with any intake.
XXX-NH said:
or will the Roadhouse pair up well with the P4???
Sure it will work with any intake. Just pick what you like.
XXX-NH said:
I am doing the "De-smog" mod (ordered block-off plates too!)...do I need the O2 sensor elimination kit???

ThanX in advance!!!
No, only California bikes have o2 sensors. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
From looking at the way u have ur bike set up right now I would stick with ur 1st choice "(was going to go with the Thunder S&S style and Roadhouse Classic 2-1, to stay in line with my "Retro" appearance)" That would look good with the bags and windsheid u already have Plus u dont have to worry about being to loud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Spike!!

my questions show my naiveté...I PM'd Pete about it and he said I needed an "Open" exhaust system to go with his intake...and the speed of air out needed to equal that of air in...and I was under the impression that the P4 brings in ALOT of air!!

I will also be doing the Pair/de-smog mod...anything else I should be doing while the tank is off and bike is "up"??

Thanks again!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VTXN04JB said:
From looking at the way u have ur bike set up right now I would stick with ur 1st choice "(was going to go with the Thunder S&S style and Roadhouse Classic 2-1, to stay in line with my "Retro" appearance)" That would look good with the bags and windsheid u already have Plus u dont have to worry about being to loud.
I totally agree!!! :D

BUT...I couldn't escape the gravitational pull of the P4...so...back to the drawing board :oops:

...funny...I was just thinking I would now have to take off my Bags & Windshield unless I was going for a loooong ride :twisted: ...

....maybe I need to own a "C" as well :roll:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
63,774 Posts
XXX-NH said:
an "Open" exhaust system to go with his intake
Any aftermarket exhaust is more open than the stock. There are some that a really open like Jardines, V&H but the RH is good too.
XXX-NH said:
I will also be doing the Pair/de-smog mod...anything else I should be doing while the tank is off and bike is "up"??

Thanks again!!!
The ground fix/clean-up of the coil ground would be good to do while you have the tank off. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll do a "Search" 8)

Thank you!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Exhaust

XXX
I just went through this and wasn't sure as to what pipes I wanted. I took the "safe" route and the one that made sense to me. I ended up with the V&H BigShots. As long as I don't get on it, I can get out of the neighborhood quietly. When I roll on, It lets you know it's there. Cruise speed and it's fairly quiet....my wife doesn't get upset with it.
Power wise, I went from 82 hp and 102 Ft Lbs torque to 94 hp and 108 Ft Lbs of torque. I'm using the Kury Pro Series Hyper Charger. I can't tell you which pipe is best...quietest... loudest or adds the most power. But I'm VERY satisfied with mine and that's a load off.
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ThanX for the Links Spike!! (didn't know about the Garage :oops: )

thanks for the input Ron...I like the "Curves" of the new Cobras...and the Retro look of the Roadhouse...but, you may be right...many, MANY have voiced happiness with the V&H...maybe I should play it safe?!?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top