Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got an '04 1800R with VH Big Shots (no baffles) and a Power Commander. I've had the bike for less than a year, so I've been through a few seasons with it. Summer went smooth, but now, the exhaust is particularly louder in the mornings until the engine cools off after a couple minutes of riding. I live in the city, so I tend to wake up entire neighborhoods when it's cold out. Any tips?

P.S. Originally from Florida, I imported my bike to the Middle East, hence my username. There are few VTX's out here and even fewer trustworthy mechanics.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi All,

I've got an '04 1800R with VH Big Shots (no baffles) and a Power Commander. I've had the bike for less than a year, so I've been through a few seasons with it. Summer went smooth, but now, the exhaust is particularly louder in the mornings until the engine cools off after a couple minutes of riding. I live in the city, so I tend to wake up entire neighborhoods when it's cold out. Any tips?

P.S. Originally from Florida, I imported my bike to the Middle East, hence my username. There are few VTX's out here and even fewer trustworthy mechanics.

Thanks!

Put the baffles back in. :dontknow:

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Yes it will. It has to do with air density...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grrrrrr

I don't mind the noise, but I feel for my neighbors. This is what I get for moving somewhere that has a real winter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
My 18 has V&H pjpes and I work perm night shift. And I live in a semi rural area. All I do is back off and idle away and not had any problems with my neighbors 2.5 years and thats getting home between 2am and 5am

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am in a tight neighborhood and my driveway is right next to bedroom windows so I push out to the street when I know they are sleeping.
That is with a Roadhouse 2 into 1 with freshly wrapped baffle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts