Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to geta little more power and better sound any tips? anyone done the Clayton Root 'drilled exhaust'

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bubs!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Exhaust mod

I did the clayton mod on a free set of stockers and was happy with the sound for awhile. I didn't notice an improvement in performance but it sounded better than stock. I've got the Cobra slash cut slip ons now and I love them.
capt42a

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: Exhaust mod

capt42a said:
I did the clayton mod on a free set of stockers and was happy with the sound for awhile. I didn't notice an improvement in performance but it sounded better than stock. I've got the Cobra slash cut slip ons now and I love them.
capt42a
Did you notice any performance increase with the slip ons? I am debating over the V&H Bigshots, and the Cobra slash cut slip ons...

·
Registered
407 Posts
exhaust mod

Hey KnuckleHead,
I don't have access to a dyno for true numbers but my seat of the pants dyno says yes, I did have an increase in power. I'm currently running a stock breather with factory jetting, but I'm waiting on a custom breather with a 200 main jet from BlueVTX. I expect an improvement with the Cobra's and new breather.
capt42a

1 - 5 of 5 Posts