Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the mounting locations for exhaust is the same across all the years for a 1300R. Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
No... The rear bracket (the bracket next to the rear tire) is different from pre-2008 and 2008+. I only can confirm this for R/S/T 1300 models.

I had to get a pre-2008 bracket when I went from my aftermarket slip-ons to my Roadhouse classic 2:1 which use the factory brackets. Since the company went out of business before or around 2008 they didn't design their exhaust to work with the 2008+ bracket.

·
Old Goat
25,386 Posts
No... The rear bracket (the bracket next to the rear tire) is different from pre-2008 and 2008+. I only can confirm this for R/S/T 1300 models.

I had to get a pre-2008 bracket when I went from my aftermarket slip-ons to my Roadhouse classic 2:1 which use the factory brackets. Since the company went out of business before or around 2008 they didn't design their exhaust to work with the 2008+ bracket.
I stand corrected....:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
760 Posts
I stand corrected....:thumbup::thumbup:
I usually sit corrected... But, I'm lazy... :grin2:

It is weird that they redesigned the bracket (one is short the other is long), but I think it is because the factory exhausts were changed... Not sure why they would use different exhausts, unless the new design is also shared by the VT's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts