Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all

Wanting to get some aftermarket pipes and wandering if anyone in the east tn area had installed any pipes that I could listen to. The only pipes i have heard are v&h bigshots, they sound good, but I would like to hear other brands. Any input or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
While I don't have a set of "pipes", I do have the Roadhouse Long slipon.
I buddy of mine just bought a Sideburner, and he hated it, and took it right back off. He liked the sound of the Roadhouse better than anything he had heard, so he bought the Roadhouse short.
It's my opinion, that you won't find a deeper sound than what comes from the Roadhouse, while "drag" style pipes are higher pitched.

This slipon will still add some power to the bike, along with the bark!!
The removable baffle has a large enough inside diameter, I think you could roll a golf ball all the way through it... so, there is not too much backpressure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Windwalker,
I live in Powell but I work at Denso (In Maryville). I've got a Roadhouse Shorty on mine with the performance baffle installed (Not much difference in sound from the regular baffle IMO). When its not suppossed to be pouring the rain like its gonna do over the next few days I usually ride. Just let me know when you want to hear it and we'll figure something out.

The Roadhouse pipe is deep, its loud when you twist the wick (will set off car alarms) and has a great sound/tone when you twist the throttle on a steady acceleration (really nice tone) but you can ride all day at normal cruising speeds and still talk to your honey on the back and your buddies won't put you at the back of the pack because their tired of hearing your bike break the sound barrier either.

I've had nothing but compliments on mine since I got it. However, for looks and a buddy of mine just ordered them so you might be able to hear them too in a couple of weeks, the Cobra Angled Slashcuts look awesome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pipes

Just got back from hurricane duty in Florida and haven't had a chance to post a picture since becoming a new member. I have just recently installed a set of Cobra Slashcut's and I cant believe the monsterous sound that comes from the 1800 beast. Not to mention the clean look around the clutch plate. Very deep and mean!! No need to take the baffles out. I live in Knoxville so if you wanna put a ride together to give a listen give me a holler. We all need to meet at the Honda Hoot!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've got a set of Cobra Speedster Shorts on my 1300C. I live in Lenoir City but I'll be in Maryville next week when the weather clears. Gimme a holler!

·
Registered
60 Posts
pipes

Just installed Jardine drag pipes on my 1800C just two weeks ago. They have a nice low rumble at idle and have a great sound when getting on it.
I'll be at the Shoney's in Maryville next Saturday at 8am (weather permitting) to go up to Cherokee. I'm meeting a group of friends so we probally won't leave till 9. Hope to see you there :D and your more than welcome to come with us if you want.

I wear a white full face, a black & gray jacket and ride a black X 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a set of HK big 3's on my 03 1300R and love the sound I live in madisonville drop a note on here if you would like for me to come up so you can have a listen

·
Registered
46 Posts
Various Pipes

I live in Oak Ridge and have BUBS Jug Huggers on my 1300S. Love them - they only seem loud when I'm leaving for work before 7am :D

I occassionally head to Marysville, Knoxville and well - truthfully anywhere if I've got the time. Let me know if you want to hear them.

Oh - and the Honda Hoot will surely have a nice variety if you can wait until then.

Chuck

·
Registered
46 Posts
TN VTX

TNVTX

You have some nice additions to your bike. I would like to see them in person. I have a newer air filter cover and pipes..... but the rest is still stock on my 1300S.

I looked at the Roadhouse slipons - but I had my 'incident', laying down the bike last fall, and had to replace my whole exhaust system - therefor just got the BUBS.

Not complaining.... I really like them! 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts