• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
Are you sure it's the pipes? Most of the noise I hear is from the tire tread pattern on the different pavement. My Metz's will sing on certain asphault surfaces like a high pitched whine. Or growl on some cement surfaces

·
Registered
474 Posts
I wear ear plugs. Don't hear squat.

CW

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
No I have not. Curious though about something. What are the seven types of roads you are referring to?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I don't know exactly what noise you're talking about, but I get a buzz in my full face helmet at hiway speed. When I pull in the clutch the noise stops. So I figure it must be an engine vibration traveling up through my body and into my head. Drives me nuts :dontknow:

·
Registered
193 Posts
My cure for strange noises while riding is to turn the stereo up louder. Between that and the trucks, cars, wind and what all, I can't hear anything. The bike will probably self destruct under me one day and I'll never have a clue it's coming. I envy you young people with good ears.:joke:

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
My cure for strange noises while riding is to turn the stereo up louder. Between that and the trucks, cars, wind and what all, I can't hear anything. The bike will probably self destruct under me one day and I'll never have a clue it's coming. I envy you young people with good ears.:joke:
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you don't wear ear protection, your "good" ears will soon turn not so good. Take it from an ole geezer who knows.

CW

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't know exactly what noise you're talking about, but I get a buzz in my full face helmet at hiway speed. When I pull in the clutch the noise stops. So I figure it must be an engine vibration traveling up through my body and into my head. Drives me nuts :dontknow:
My full face helmet whistles at that speed, figure my body absorbs so much vibration it impresses my helmet.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get the same thing on different roads, I have the Bubs and they are somewhat pointed downward at the tail and there is a sound change that is reverberated back; such as if you where riding next to a concrete barrier vs no barrier. Road material and design has an effect on noise vibrations being reflected back. :agree:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts