Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what causes the whistle sound from the exhuast? It sounds almost like I'm dragging a coil spring behind the bike. It's the same sound as the old Volkswagon beetles from the 60's.

FWIW< It souded the same with my HK 2.5's as it does now with the Cobra speedsters, and my friend's harley has the same little whistle sound to it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? What causes this and more importantly how do I fix it.

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine does it also, not too bad really but when I cross a bridge or go under an overpass and such I can hear the whistle way better. Guess it's normal, I hear lots of Harley's doing it. My buddys VTX with Cobra Speedsters does it pretty bad.

When I first got the bike and put the V&H Bigshots on I thought maybe I had an exhaust leak, not the case though, just slight baffle whistle.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I konw it can be worse on some bikes of the same brand. My friend and his wife have a pair of HD's and hers has more whistle than his with the same pipes. I'm wondering if it may be made louder with a lean condition or some such thing. :?

Oh well, if nobody knows I may have to devote my life to figuring this out as it kills me every time I drive by a retaining wall or an underpass.

I think I hear it worse with my speedsters since they are not as loud as my HK's.

George

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the whistle tip video, you tube is the greatest.

Thanks,
George

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.