Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics? Bought a used set from far away, something seems amiss. There are brackets that attach to bottom front of each bag but they do not seem to fit to anything?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I believe that's what I have on my bike. I can go get pictures. If it's the bottom brackets, there should be another bracket on the foot peg mount that they connect to.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks. Am definitely missing the second piece. Could you take another pic like the last one but from behind the foot peg? Looks like it is a U shaped piece with an arm facing towards the bag?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The pars had some rust on them when I first got them. I took a picture of all the parts painted. If this isn't what you want, I'll try to get another when I'm home. Looks like I have one that's pre-paint. (please ignore the messy workbench.)

The bolt that holds it also holds the foot peg.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike that had the mounts was sold. The new owner of the bike was contacted and there is an effort being made for me to get them however the bike is parked out at an off season cottage somewhere. So there is still a chance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would say they would be pretty easy. A solid piece of round stock welded to flat stock then bent and drilled. For the one bolt, a nut was welded on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts