Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone with wiring expertise to walk me through wiring my Daymaker F1 foglight kit to do what I want, diagrams would help.

The F1 kit has the LED fog light with a white halo ring, Redeye with white halo, and the halo will flash amber when connected to the signal light. Currently my fogs are connected to the stock light bar connection in the headlight bucket, on with headlight, off with highbeams. I also have a on off switch connected, so I can turn them off if I like.

What I want, is the the LED fogs on with the headlight, and the redeye on when they are off. Sounds simple. My first thought was eliminate my on/off switch and hook the redeye wire to the highbeam. But I still want to be able to turn the white LED fogs off and turn the redeye on when I wish, without have a bunch of switches.

Here is the instructions from VXTDaymaker, and a handlebar mounted on-off-on for 1 inch bars is hard to find.

Font Cable Audio equipment Electronic device Auto part

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you decide how you are going to do the install? That link was't specific to your request.

I appreciated the link, however I didn't find much in there helpful to my needs/wants.

I might just wire the redeye to the Highbeam and leave it at that.

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay after doing some testing I think I may have been over thinking this.

In my tests I discovered that I can have the fogs and the red eye “on” at the same time, but the fogs override the red eye.

So if I wire them up with my current wiring to the fogs and connect the red eye to a switched power source I’ll be good to go. That way when the fogs are off the red eye is on. And of course the signal to the signal.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts