Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Hoppe and they said wont fit...only the C/R/S but not the N what the heck. I was looking at the Wide Open Custom fairing called them they sat theirs is made for a 1300 R/S so would have to drill the tripple trees something I would rather not do. Any idea's?

·
Mad Hatter
21,352 Posts
Won't fit a 1800 Neo??? Why?? Same Bike except for fenders and Tank..

Front end is the Same :shock: :shock: :? :? Doesn't make any sense!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Funny, I know of a number of people with Neos that have mounted the Hoppe fairing. I think the problem might be with the chrome fork covers that are on the spec 2 and 3 of both the Neo and Retro as the fairing has to sit on the fork tubes when mounted properly. Pegster's brother like riding my C/N that he ended up buying a true Neo (mine started at a C that I have mostly converted to an N) and adding all the same add-ons that I have on my X, Corbin Beetlebags, Hoppe Fairing and H-D Duece backrest and luggage rack, he didn't have any problems mounting the fairing although it sits a little close to his stock Neo risers.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I too called Hoppe about a fairing and the young girl that answered the phone told me without question that the quadzilla faring would not work on my 04 spec 3 because of the fork covers, from what I have learned since is that if the chrome covers are removed from the forks the fairing should fit just fine.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Travelin' Man said:
Funny, I know of a number of people with Neos that have mounted the Hoppe fairing. I think the problem might be with the chrome fork covers that are on the spec 2 and 3 of both the Neo and Retro as the fairing has to sit on the fork tubes when mounted properly. Pegster's brother like riding my C/N that he ended up buying a true Neo (mine started at a C that I have mostly converted to an N) and adding all the same add-ons that I have on my X, Corbin Beetlebags, Hoppe Fairing and H-D Duece backrest and luggage rack, he didn't have any problems mounting the fairing although it sits a little close to his stock Neo risers.
Guess that wont be a probfor me as I have c risers on my N to give one more inch pull back.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
yotaman said:
Travelin' Man said:
Guess that wont be a probfor me as I have c risers on my N to give one more inch pull back.
Even with the "C" risers it's very close on my Retro. About an 1/8"-3/16" clearance. When I hit a hole or bump, it causes the fairing to hit. Not really a problem, but just botters me.

I have ordered these. They are on their way so I'll find out soon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yotaman, I just put a WideOpen on my "C" last weekend. Yeah, I had to drill 2 holes in my lower tree and tap. Takes maybe a half hour. You have to remove the 2 headlight bolts and get the headlight out of your way. Use a drill 90 degree angle adaptor. Tapping was the longest part of the whole thing, no room for the tapping tool. Used vice grips. Have to tap because there is no room for a nut on the under side of the tree. This really is not a big deal, especially if you want a fairing. Here's what it looks like now. Hope these help in your decision. Really, not very difficult.
Front
Rear
Headlight Gap
Riser Gap w/Aeromach 6" risers
Riser Gap 2
Power Feedthru
Right Lower Tree
Left Lower Tree
Left Upper Tree
Right Memphis Mount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts