Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vtx 1300c and I am thinking about getting a fairing for uy. I already have a painter and fairing chosen bit wondering what type of stereo I would need.Any Suggestions? The particular fairing I have chosen has a slot for 4 speakers

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have been looking at speakers for my bike, but they will be handlebar mounted, instead of inside a fairing. There are lots of options out there. Just depends on how much power you want to pull, and how much volume you want to push. I'll be watching this thread closely as well, because I haven't heard any feedback on the particular brands.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
No matter which head unit you go with make sure the speakers are marine grade or all weather.
I have a Sony in my Reckless. You might want to go to a Wal-Mart or some other store where you can listen to the different head units with different speakers to find what sounds good to you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the Kenwood marine grade radio and it works great with the four speakers. I think it was only 159 with the XM satellite module and antenna(and 3 months free service) Does AM/FM ,USB, Bluetooth from phone, and runs 50w,
I think it is fine as is, it is loud enough for my HK K2 pipes.
Model is KMR-M315BT
They have a remote control that I have ordered. Should be here any day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about Speakers?

i was actually looking at that Kenwood. the price seems right. can you hear it ok on faster highway speeds? I, going to need four 5 1/4" Speakers. What do you recomend?

I have the Kenwood marine grade radio and it works great with the four speakers. I think it was only 159 with the XM satellite module and antenna(and 3 months free service) Does AM/FM ,USB, Bluetooth from phone, and runs 50w,
I think it is fine as is, it is loud enough for my HK K2 pipes.
Model is KMR-M315BT
They have a remote control that I have ordered. Should be here any day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Those are the same sizw speakers I have. I can hear it fine, at 70mph on the highway, no problem at all. I got my speakers at Walmart, they are nothing spectacular. Maybe 75 bucks for all four.

You will like the Kenwood, it is a nice radio.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Will i need a marine grade stereo as well?
No, just need to get a storm cover for it. The storm cover mounts to the fairing over the front of the head unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts