Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of adding a fairing to the front of my bike, to help with the wind, and also so I have a stereo/ I-pod connection etc.

My question is, anyone know if they make a lower fairing set for the VTX, something like the HD Ultra-Classics's where the lower fairing connects to
the highway bars?

I don't have a highway bar yet, but If thats what it takes to install the lower fairing set, I'd be happy to keep some of the wind off me for long trips

I just did a 700 miles trip in one day, and all though I don't do these a lot, I do ride a lot on weekends, averaging a few hundred miles in a day, or 800 miles in a weekend, touring with the bike.

I have a 2005 Retro

Thanks for your help

PS, any pics would be apprecaiated of your upper or lower fairings installed on your bike

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not sure if anyone makes lowers for the X, but someone does make chaps for the Highway bars.

As for fairings, there are several to choose from, Wide Open Custom, Xtreme Revolution, Tsukayu, Hoppe Quadzilla, Corbin and Memphis Shades (not sure of release date). Prices vary amongst all manufactures.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I'm pretty fimiliar with the upper fairings, it's the lowers I'm having trouble finding.

I wear leather chaps to help break the wind, but for long rides, it would be nice to have lower fairings on the bike, thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeh I'm pretty fimiliar with the upper fairings, it's the lowers I'm having trouble finding.

I wear leather chaps to help break the wind, but for long rides, it would be nice to have lower fairings on the bike, thanks
He meant that they make chaps that cover the highway bars themselves, act like a skin over them making a wind break.

somthing like this
http://www.chilhowee.net/engine-guard-chaps.html

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thats a start, at least theres a solution for the lower part of the bike.

Very cool, between the chaps, and the upper fairing, that will help break the wind allot.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
There's a guy here in Houston who has put an HD upper and lower fairing on his 1300 Retro. Can't remember his name, but I do remember he was in med school. (not that that's pertinent to the conversation) I believe he said he used the HD crash bar too.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a guy here in Houston who has put an HD upper and lower fairing on his 1300 Retro. Can't remember his name, but I do remember he was in med school. (not that that's pertinent to the conversation) I believe he said he used the HD crash bar too.

10/4, I know you can use their upper fairing, with modifications, the lowers would be a plus, I really want to go with the fairings, but would like lowers to match

Thanks for the help, I'll look into that as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts