Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the fastest you got your VTX to go? So far, only having it a week though and the weather hasn't been nicer then 55 and windy, I got going 105.

·
Registered
353 Posts

I tapped 120 once, but it did take a lot of distance to wind out. Past 105-110, takes a while. My speedometer is stock. Some say stock speedometers are approx. 10% fast.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Last summer in northern Michigan (early morning - no traffic) my speedometer read just under 120. I really didn't feel too bad until I started thinking that I am going 2 miles in 1 minute. I eased off the throttle a bit. But it was a rush!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't Laugh

75 and no desire to break it, yet. I got a cruiser to cruise, and I'm enjoying every minute. If I went faster, it means it took me less time to get there.

·
Registered
360 Posts
70 ..... I'm still in the break in period . Maybe I'll go 80 after that. 8)

·
Registered
148 Posts
maxed it out for 20 minutes....thought the bike was gonna puke when I slowed down....but she ran just fine..

Peace!!

Goateegear

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know it's going to be hard to believe, but I got mine up to... 65!! What a rush!!! I held her there for a couple of seconds but then I had to ease her back a little. :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Get it up there every now and then but I've seen my share of motorcycle fatalities and choose not to be one. Tire blow out, little creatures running out in front of you, or a blue hair cutting into your lane, not for me. No offense gram and gramps. Take it for granted, all VTX's can easily go well over 100mph. Live to ride.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
I don't know how fast Tejas has had the bike but I can always tell when he hits 80, my helmet vibrates on my head! :shock: Never fails!

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
110 before I backed off, not because I was scared but because I remembered why I bought a cruiser instead of another Hayabusa..

I like to cruise ... 75 is just about right for cruising down most highways :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hit 124 (indicated on the speedo) once on my 1300C on a long and lightly travelled bridge. Actual speed was probably more like 113-115 MPH, based on the well-documented speedo inaccuracy. The bike pulled pretty hard to about 115 indicated. The last 9MPH to 124 went by very slow, could tell the machine was not happy. The buffeting and noise was hellatious, never felt like doing it again. Which is probably a good thing...

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I think I had the needle buried but I'm not sure because I had my eyes closed and my ass was eating the seat. :pepper1:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hit 85 once but only because a semi was coming up on me fast and I wanted to decrease the closure rate, the dude was probably going 95 or 100...besides my bikes a red one and it looks like it's going 70 or 80 before you put the key in the ignition... :wink:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
130 and all kinds of trottle left to go faster but that was enough to mknow I got it I needed it.

Tejas

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I got it up to 45......once......on the highway. :D

Ok, if you believe that one, I have some real estate to sell ya, in Florida, on a bridge.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
around 97 indicated just this morning coming home from work. wanted to get past some trucks plus was cold riding the 20 miles home at 6am. guess coulda put on helmet with face shield to keep face from freezing but nahhhh :wink:

·
Registered
214 Posts
1800 - 137 indicated
1300 - 125 indicated (don't tell my wife, she'll never let me borrow it again!)

(355ci - 148 clocked...oops!)

Yeah, yeah, I've got a problem. :oops:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts